Sariah and Hayden are members of the FLL team Infinity Squared. Corrine is one of the mentors for the team. I am one of the very silent and not involved mentors. Hayden and Sariah are LOVING being on their own robots team. Here is a picture of the team.
Here are the most awesome and amazing mentors. This is a great group of teen-agers.
The competition is in January. The kids have to make their robot to various things for animals. For inspiration, we took the team on a field trip to the Humane Society of SLC. This is my car load of team members. On the way home, I had a car load of boys. The boys were a different group, I'll say that. They might have encouraged me to race Betsy (the other mother mentor) home. It was VERY close and I might have got a little over 25 in a neighborhood, but we won. I digress......
While at on this field trip, the kids got to see several different animals. No, none of them are coming home with us.... in fact I liked learning that I could give them the animals we currently have and they wouldn't ask questions or kill the animals. Hummm.
While on this field trip, I also noticed that Kate and Hayden were wearing pants that were FLOODS. WAY WAY WAY too short pants. How embarrassing. Right after the trip, I went to the store and fixed that problem. Merry Christmas. Have some pants. I did enjoy this field trip and Im looking forward to competition in January!





No comments:
Post a Comment