Thursday, July 30, 2015

Uncle Clarence

I just wanted to write quickly about a funeral we attended today for Keiths uncle Clarence. I was impressed several times and felt the spirit during the day. I was impressed to learn that he was a temple sealer. Keith and I do temple sealings once a month with some other couples in our ward. I love being able to ponder the blessings given there. I also love the chance to hear the sealing of a child to their parent. It always makes me think of the day we had Hayden sealed to us. What a great blessing. I was also impressed to learn that Keith's uncle was the stake patriarch. I paused to think about my patriarch and my blessing. Then I thought of the blessings that Jakob and Corrine have received. What a neat experience it would be to feel the spirit in the way a patriarch does. For records sake... here is a picture of Keith and some of his cousins.
I was impressed by Uncle Clarence's service in the Korean War.  I really enjoyed the military service at the graveside. My brother in law, Robert, participated in that sacred ceremony.
I was touched to see the American flag on the coffin. I enjoyed hearing Taps played. I also loved seeing the reverent manner in which the flag was folded. I got a little teary eyed watching Robert give the flag to his aunt.
I'm so grateful to men that honor their country. I'm very grateful to men that honor their priesthood. I wish I knew how to write the feelings I have had while watching several honorable men do their priesthood callings this weekend. I'm grateful for a dad that I can call on anytime for anything. I'm grateful for brothers and brothers in law that support our family. I'm grateful for Keith and his willingness to support me and my crazy ideas. I'm grateful he served in the military and is a worthy priesthood holder.

No comments: