Tuesday, July 7, 2015

More demo

This house project is eating us alive. It never, ever, ever ends. Because we worked so hard on the wood floors, we knew we needed to do something to fix the entry. There was ONE broken tile. I went to many tile shops and they all laughed at me. The tile was so 90's and I wasn't going to find another one. We tossed around all kinds of ideas, but eventually we came to the conclusion that we needed to rip out all of the tiles and start over. 
The entry during construction with broken 90's tile.
Hayden LOVED the "rip out old tiles" part of this project.
Corrine helped put the grout in the new tiles.
Here is the mostly finished project. It looks MUCH better in person. We still need to do the transition pieces. Hopefully that isn't too many days away from being completed.
Its been so hard to work construction projects around our normal crazy life! Im grateful for no broken tiles.  Yes, we saved some extras. Did I tell you I also got a new stove? My other stove kept trying to burn the house down. Our power went out for several hours yesterday. I used my new gas stove and made steak fajitas on the gas stove during the power outage. It was awesome. 
Im loving the new stove almost as much as zero broken tiles in the entry. Don't look at the 90's tile in the kitchen. I can't stand the thought of needing to replace that. The countertops in the kitchen have to be replaced first.

No comments: