Our dishwasher broke. I was so tired the night it broke. The thought of hand washing dishes was so overwhelming to me. I wanted to cry. Over dishes. Corrine jumped up and volunteered to wash the dishes for me.
Jakob ran to the store and bought paper products. Whew.
I did have occasion to wash a few dishes during the week. I found that maybe a broken dishwasher wasn't so bad. While washing dishes I could stop for a moment and day dream while looking out the window. I did enjoy the time to ponder about family relations, home school curriculum, why we don't mow the back lawn often enough, and why do the kids leave the full swimming pool out on the only nice patch of grass to kill it? Dishes=time to ponder.
In spirit of my deep cleaning/purging that I've been doing, Hayden cleaned out the Tupperware bins. I love the new organized space.
While I appreciated using a few brain cells and contemplating the meaning of life, I am very grateful for a working dishwasher. Im grateful for a smart and somewhat efficient repair team. Kate thought she was helpful but Im not convinced.
Thank you modern appliances. I hope I will never have the opportunity to ponder again.
No comments:
Post a Comment