Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cub Scout

Hayden is a cub scout! He went to his first Day Camp a couple of days after his birthday. Because I am a scout leader, I got to go as well. I wasn't nearly as excited as Hayden was... but in the end, it was very fun and I enjoyed it! We went to two different camps. Here are a few pictures from those.
The boys had fun team building exercises, obstacle courses.
Hayden also tried the ever popular... BB gun shoot. Thanks to his practice with his dad, Hayden was a pro!
Shooting the bow and arrow was a little harder than it looks!
Jedi camp was awesome! It was by far the hit of the week... or month... or maybe even the summer. We had Jedi masters training the boys. Darth Vader did show up a few times... and that was a little scary!

At Frontier camp we got to participate in a flag retirement ceremony. This was one of the neatest experiences I have ever had. I was so touched by the reverence and respect that was shown. I was able to ponder the meaning of our flag and what it represents.


No comments: