Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!!!

Yesterday was Halloween!  I can't believe it has come and gone already. I wanted to share pictures of my spooky kids.  Kate was spider baby. I mostly wanted something easy and warm for her. We will worry about a cute costume next year.
This is Hayden the pirate. Be afraid... really... be afraid.....
Sariah, the little red riding hood.
Corrine aka Hermione.
Jakob is too old to trick or treat. I have very strong feelings about teen agers trick or treating. Im very much against it.  If I can't look at you in costume and go "awwhh,, so cute!" then you are too old and do not deserve candy from my door.  Tough, I know. Its the world I live in. I probably have too many pet peeves... teen agers trick or treating is one of those... and its pretty far up on the list.  I digress....  Jakob gets bought off with a bag of candy (of his choice) and a box of donuts. Really, its a win- win.  This year he went to a friends house to play games and eat. Another win- win. Thank you Clark and Co.
This year we decided to try the city Trunk or Treat. This was a wise decision and Im thinking it will be a new family tradition. This is the most efficient way to get candy. We get in, we get sugar, we get out. Trick or Treating in Bluffdale is not like anything I have ever experienced. There are not very many small kids so there are not many families participating in trick or treating. Several houses have their lights off. There are also large lot sizes so the houses can be pretty far apart. The kids that do the door to door method really work for their candy in Bluffdale. The Trunk or Treat program is AWESOME. They crammed a ton of cars in a small space, it was mass candy with out worrying about kids getting run over, free hot chocolate, free cookies, free haunted house, and lots of police protection ;) 
We all have to take a moment and thank the warm weather! That was the BEST night for trick or treating ever! I had been worried about baby Kate being out in the cold for Halloween.  No worries last night!  Ok, now to the negative......  I did BURN through the candy.  Next year, we need to take more. Also, Im boring. Im no fun. I had to park across from this:
Next year I will make sure I have enough candy to hand out. I will probably not decorate the car. Im lucky to get the kids decorated.  I may not have a decorated car, but I do have this!
I have always got the kids donuts for Halloween. I guess its my "thing". It sounds better to say tradition.  Hayden enjoying his:
Sariah:
Corrine:
Kate did not get any donuts. Sorry kiddo. One tooth is not enough.
Now that Halloween is over, my kids have QUICKLY adjusted to the next holiday.... making lists for Santa.  Uh, wait....   I guess I need to have a talk with them about this crazy holiday called Thanksgiving. Anyway, here is Sariah going through the "big toy book" making her list.

Im ready... bring on the holidays! I can't believe its already "the holidays".  I love the next two months!  Happy Halloween.

No comments: