Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stand back! Im a prfessional.

Last week I finished my CERT classes.  CERT stands for Community Emergency Response Team. I took classes for 7 weeks and then we had an emergency drill. The classes were great. I highly recommend you take them... but you have to take them from the guys I took them from. They were very funny. Anyway.... I learned a lot from them.  Here is just a little inside FYI.... if someone puts a black ribbon on you; you are dead, or very close to it.  If you have a red ribbon, you are hurt pretty bad and people will do what they can to keep you from needing a black ribbon. If there is an emergency, pray for a yellow or green ribbon.  Here I am in most of my CERT gear with my certificate.  Yep, Im all certified to put ribbons on you.
Here is a close up of the certificate. Im a professional something or other. I did not sleep at all the night before the drill. I was so worried that I would be incident commander. It was a ton of stress.  Incident command has to run the show, make the calls, and get the most people out alive. Its a lot of pressure. I was right. My sick gut feelings usually are. I was incident commander. We did great! I had a team of 5 women (one was 14 years old) and we did great! The teachers said we were one of the best teams they had ever trained and we did better than the Police/Fire in Lehi that they had just done a drill with.  Waaa-Hooo!!!  
I also got another award. This was for Mother of the day or something like that.   Basically, I had to make it through a particularly hard day without killing any children. This drill was MUCH rougher than the drill for CERT. This is my award:
Here I am in my "mother" gear. I spend most of my day looking like this. The baby enjoys hanging around with me and she is quite the school/cleaning helper. I think she is almost big enough to go on the back.... which will be much easier for me. I'm tired of feeling extra large pregnant again.  My hair is always pulled back. I get that it is incredibly attractive.  I wear the apron to off set the attractiveness of the hair. I always wear an apron. Im not sure its doing any good under the baby.... although she did spit up on me and the apron was quite a life saver. I also wear protective hearing.  AKA my headphones for mp3. This is great for a couple of reasons. If Im wearing these, I don't hear as much fighting.  Im also a talk news junkie. I LOVE to listen to talk radio. (ugh, shouldn't have admitted that).  Anyway, Im all certified and geared up. Time to change a diaper, make dinner, do dishes, change laundry over, and solve Americas political problems.


1 comment:

Betsy Fox said...

I love the picture of you in your "Mom gear". I am impressed with your mom award. Good kids you've got there.