This is 'before' the new shelf:
This is the during process:
Jakob decided to take a rest in the "loft" shelf. Get to work boy!
Finished and full top shelf!
Another project the boys worked on was a light in the school room/office. Because I refuse to have any computers downstairs, we had to convert the home teaching/visiting teaching room into our school room. I have no idea why anyone would have a room with no central light. It makes no sense to me. I know you are supposed to have a nice couch and a lamp in there and thats it. I think its a waste of space and not functional at all. We have very limited space (hence the shelves mentioned above) so we had to make do with what we have. I digress. Light. We needed light in the office. This is the before picture.
Keith believes in teaching Jakob everything he knows. He also believes that Jakob should have his shoulders hurt by playing with a fan way above his head. I mean, why should Keith be the only one to have so much fun?
What a good little padawan. Look at the light AND fan we now have in the office! I am so excited!
I just realized I got very excited over shelves and a light. Yep, thats just how old I am. Now to change topics.... I will go from exciting to hilarious. I mean, very serious. Sariah has a thumb sucking problem. Everyone knows it.... even the bullies in primary. We have tried everything. Our latest (and it seems to be working) is gloves. However, just the gloves themselves don't work. You see, the gloves would "accidentally" fall off.... all the time. Enter genius idea. Zip ties. If they are good enough for the police to use on bad guys and if they are good for military use on terrorists, they are good enough for me. We all know that the police and military have strict requirements on how nice they have to be to their prisoners. I know Sariah is not a prisoner.... but we needed a way to keep those darn gloves from falling off. Lets just say the gloves were prisoners and we needed them to stay put.
I need to add cute pictures of the baby. She is changing every day! She always stays cute... she just gets bigger and cuter! While the boys were working on shelves, Corrine, Sariah, & Hayden were cleaning the basement. I was filling bins. This is how Kate chose to spend her time. Lazy, but cute.
I took this picture because I wanted to prove that she doesn't sleep all of the time. I also took this next picture because I LOVE her spider Halloween pajamas.
Last, but not least, Jakob had his first piano recital with his new piano teacher last night. He did a GREAT job. All of the students did a great job. It was a very fun evening. This is Jakob and his partner playing their first duet.
This is them playing their 2nd duet.His partners name is also Jacob. Yep, its Jakobs... in duplicate.
And finally, this was as cool as it looks. Nope, the girls were not named Jakob. Sorry.
We are looking forward to Christmas recitals. 4 of the 5 kids are working hard on Christmas songs. Kate just sleeps.
2 comments:
Oh, I do miss Jakob!! I'm sure his teacher is enjoying him so much. I am so impressed with all your family's DIY home improvement projects. Fantastic!
Just don't show her this! http://www.itstactical.com/skillcom/lock-picking/how-to-escape-from-zip-ties/
Post a Comment