Tuesday, July 26, 2011

House in a blog

We have lived here for just over 1 year. It has taken us the entire year to get somewhat organized. Now that the house is organized, I wanted to document some pictures. Then, I can prove that at one point in time it was clean and organized.

This is the kitchen. Someday I want to rip out the tile counter top. I despise the tile counter top. Whom ever built it, has never tried to make bread or write anything on a counter top.



This is the family room. Someday (sooner rather than later) Im going to rip out the carpet. I really want hard wood floors in the family room and down the hallway.



This is the laundry room. Some day I'll decorate it and make it a cute laundry room. For now, its a very functional laundry room.



This is the kids bathroom. My favorite part of this room is the towel rack that Keith built.







This is Sariahs room. This is amazing clean. Yes, I did it. No, it won't stay this way.



This is Hayden room. He wanted me to take a picture of his "tools" because "they are better than my bed". For the record he has a toy story blanket and themed room.



This is the office/school room. Its actually the "formal visiting teaching room". Since I can't dedicate an entire room to something that MIGHT happen once a month, I decided to make it our school room. It is a mess. I know. The boxes are all of our school books I have not had time to unpack yet. Someday, there will be nice french doors so that people at the front door can not see our school projects and mess.




This is the downstairs family room. There is still a stack of stuff for DI, but for the most part, its cleaned and used mostly for exercising.



This is my very small and frustrating storage room. Of all the tings I miss from our Clinton house, I miss the storage room the most.




This is Corrines room. This is also amazing photographic evidence that she does in fact have a floor. She also has a clean room. For the record, it took 5 people to make her room look like this. I won't tell you how much weeping and wailing went into cleaning the room. I of course, was the only one weeping or wailing.



This is the bathroom that we finished the last week or so. We finished it just in time for Mike and Julie to come. When they go, this will be Jakob and Corrines bathroom. I like the door that separates the sink area from the tub/toilet area. I do not like the carpet in the sink area. The previous owners had done that part and we just didn't have time to rip it out and do tile. I do like the double sinks though. I know, there isn't a mirror yet. We have ordered the brackets to attach the mirror, but we are waiting for dear old UPS guy to bring them.





You will note I did not post a picture of Jakobs room. His room is ALWAYS clean. ALWAYS. Except right now while I wanted to take pictures. He just got back from scout camp and is in the middle of doing scout laundry. I will post a picture some day of his clean room.

There is also not a picture of my room. My room is NEVER, EVER clean. It seems that is always the last place to clean on my list and I just never seem to have the time or energy to get to it. Some day, maybe, I'll clean it and post a picture. Maybe. Someday.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Haha, I know the mom and dad room never gets done! My house is also evidence of that! It looks fantastic! Great job! If I hadn't seen the pictures I never would have believed it! Just kidding! Looks great, now you can enjoy family time!