Sunday, May 24, 2020

The week of "lasts"

This has been our last week with Corrine at home before she flies to California. It has been an emotional week.  I spent time sewing a lot of face masks. She needed some for the airport and will need some in CA for quite a long time. After the announcement that we will need face masks in church, I also had to sew some masks for the rest of the family. While I think the camo mask is cool, it is probably not church appropriate. Because the younger kids have never left the house I needed to make masks for them as well. I have been sewing..... a lot.This is just a small sampling of the variety.
While I bonded with the sewing machine, the younger kids continued helping Keith with the trees in the back yard. The trees needed to be "processed" after  being cut down. There are A TON of branches that needed to be dealt with.
Last week one of the missionaries that served for quite a while here in Bluffdale came back to visit! We were happy to have a little sacrament meeting with Sister Chinbold (from Mongolia). She taught us a fun Mongolian card game!
This week of "lasts" has been full of hugs and quiet moments of just talking. We are all getting a little "clingy" to Corrine over the impending separation.
A couple of nights ago, Kate decided to be Corrine's companion for scripture study. These two are so much alike! It was nice to see them discussing baptism.
Speaking of baptism..... Kate REALLY wanted Corrine to take her baptism pictures. She doesn't get baptized until the end of June, but if Corrine was to do the pictures we reached the last day possible to do it. What a fun last P-Day activity.
I'll show you baptism pictures when we get to the actual baptism. Just know that this was a fun little outing for all of us.
Lasts. Fun outings. We went for our "last" family MTC practice bike ride. Corrine decided riding in business pants was much easier than a skirt. Kate rode her bike A LONG way and did a great job.
Im not sure what this is. But, it is an awesome picture.
Tonight was our "last" family Sunday walk. The girls fed some grass to the horses. I'll bet Corrine won't find horses on walks in Arcadia. Maybe I'll be wrong. I told her to send me a picture if she does.
 
This morning was the "last" Sunday morning coloring party. The girls often color together while they wait for everyone to get ready for "church".
So, Keith and I have been working on our weight. Loosing weight is nice, but I also have been working on my very damaged kidneys. I put this picture here for a couple of reasons. In several months I want to compare where I will be because I plan to be MUCH smaller then. I also put this picture here because I have lost 35lbs and my doc was super happy with my now happy kidneys. Now I have to keep my kidneys happy, but at least I know what I need to do for the high maintenance little buggers.

Last night was a "last" of watching Corrine practice some calligraphy. I am going to miss seeing her sketch book laying around. Im going to miss seeing her notes and reading what she is thinking about. She was pretty happy to learn that "crafting" in this way was an appropriate MTC "free time" activity. 


 Our week of "lasts" is coming to an end. I am excited to read about all of Corrine's adventures. I'm SUPER excited we can now talk to missionaries on the phone. This will be good. I know it will be.  Just be a little patient if you see me crying in the craft isle at Wal Mart.

No comments: