Thursday, May 14, 2020

Normal? Swinging in the Trees?

Kate was FINALLY able to get back to a little bit of very modified gymnastics. By some miracle I was able to squeeze her into a private lesson. She was SO HAPPY.... I think I was happier. She did a few round-off back handsprings unspotted so that made me pretty happy as well and was just what her confidence needed!
We got back to the traditional gymnastics car selfie! It was such a nice day to feel a little bit of normal life.
More normal? Two normal things happened in the same day! Sariah went back to piano lessons at her teachers house. She was a happy girl!
 TAGS! There is something about the tag that makes everything feel more real and official.
Riding a bike in a skirt takes some practice. Since Kate needed to practice riding a two-wheeler, Corrine decided to do some practicing of her own. The family went for a bike ride and it was so nice!
MTC at home has some perks. Corrine needed to watch several safety videos so Kate volunteered to be her video watching companion. Can't snuggle with Kate at the Provo MTC! These few remaining moments are cherished by all.
Lets role play! Practice your street approach, Sister Schramm!
Missionary covid mask. This week I'll be working on sewing a few more for Corrine before she heads to CA.
TREES. This is what has consumed most of our time and energy this week. TREES. We have several on the north side of our garage. They are so large it is very difficult to get the trailers in the back yard. Some of the trees are reaching over the neighbors house and are just waiting for a bad wind storm to cause some serious damage. The roots are already invading the neighbors sprinkler system. Time to deal with this issue.
 Getting this big tree down was..... difficult. Difficult in a really bad way. It got caught about 50 feet in the air on the next tree. Difficult. After many prayers and lots of hard work from Keith we finally got it down in a safe spot.
A neighbor a couple of doors down came to look at the progress. He was not thrilled with Keith being up on a ladder with a chainsaw. The next morning, Curt Nelson showed up with a 60 foot boom! What?!  Man we have good neighbors. He said "here... use this over the weekend." It saved our lives... very literally.
 I have a horrible fear of heights. I helped run the ground crew. Wow Keith is way up there!
We worked so hard for so long. Everyone was EXHAUSTED by the time those trees got limbed. The next day was Sunday, Mothers Day. All I wanted was to stay home and rest. Traditionally, missionaries can call their moms on Mothers Day. We thought we were funny taking a picture of our phone call. Not many mommas get to hug their missionary on Mothers Day. I know this is a very rare blessing and I'll take it!
A couple of days ago we combined a few "normal" activities. Kate had gymnastics then we ran to Sariah piano lessons. Another gymnastics selfie because we can do those now.
CONSTRUCTION. This is becoming a swear word at our house.... or at least it is causing me to swear. I've about had it. The main road by our house has been torn up for about 2 months now. I've been mostly patient with the not genius level flagmen. They are rude and not very smart. Now the construction is at the very top of my street and we can't get in or out. This is difficult for a family that has places to be and lives on a one way street. Yesterday Keith was working from home and Corrnie was deep into MTC work. They cut our internet. We are so dependent on that internet!
They also dug up our mow-strip and took our sprinklers out. I don't like the mow strip anyway, but.... its just adding to my frustration.
Because the internet was cut in the morning and would be out for at least the entire day, we scrambled to transfer Corrine to a different MTC. This is Corrines splits companion (my mom) for the day at the newly established grandmas MTC.
A missionary always has a good relationship with the bishop of the ward in the area. We are pretty sure its ok she hug this bishop since he is her grandpa. Transfer, splits, a dinner appointment and a teaching appointment(online) blew her off. Sounds like good missionary training to me!
On to another week. I have replaced my complaining about the cold weather with complaining about the construction. I wouldn't mind it if I could get to my house. I've started parking at the neighbors house. Thank you Osbornes for letting us stay. 

No comments: