Wednesday, March 4, 2020

MARCH!!!!

We are finally into March and I could not be more happy! It snowed on March 1st, which I thought was a little rude but I can forgive all snow storms now. I know they don't mean anything and they are more harmless in March. Last week ended the wrestling break and Hayden got back on the mat. It was good, for both of us. I think all pre-teen and teen boys need a physical outlet besides bullying their sisters.
 I think I am an official wrestling mom now. I love the wrestling room. I especially like listening to coach talk to these boys. He is encouraging, inspiring and doesn't take any crap from them. These are all great traits a mentor of young men to have.
Keith was sick with the flu for a few days. It was sad, but Kate enjoyed having him home from work for a couple of days. After 2 days, he finally felt well enough to get out of bed and play a quick game with her.
 I had the opportunity to be "social" and "warm and open" with 200 women. In all reality, none of these things are "my thing" but I really enjoyed myself. I met Chelsea and we discovered quickly she knows one of my aunts and my cousins! What a small world.  We had to take a selfie and send it to my aunt.
I am Kates activity day leader and I'm loving this calling. I mostly love it because I can go with Kate and because it's only twice a month. What a sweet gig for so many reasons. On this particular night, the girls requested an "ancestor night."  I was so impressed they wanted to do this. They each brought a show and tell item and talked about one of their ancestors. It was so fun to hear the stories and the girls love for these people they have never met.  Kate picked to talk about her Grandpa Schramm who died 8 months before she was born. The hearts of the children have truly turned to their fathers.
Bat girl has some attitude sometimes. For a week, Kate was a cow-girl. I guess this is how cow-girls pose. The shorts and boots are a good look. I need a pink hat.
The cow girl can dress up and be more "girly" when she needs to. Kate was excited to go to her cousins (Ireland) baptism. Well, Ireland is the daughter of my niece so that makes her 2nd removed twice the sister in law to the aunt or something.... cousin.  Cousins.  Kate was happy to go and is getting more and more excited for her own baptism. 4 months and counting!
Time for the blog weather complaint.  It snowed on March 1st. As I said before, I'm not super upset... only a little bit. I know it will snow in March but it seems the storms have a little less bite because we actually have sunny days so the snow can't stick around too long.
 The next morning was BEAUTIFUL! I was so moved by how blue the sky was, how sunny it was, and how stark the contrast was with the mountains and the skies. It was amazing and a bit of a spiritual moment for me. I'm working on climbing some metaphorical mountains in my life so this gave me a little encouragement.
Sariah had a piano recital the other day. I will admit I was convinced the performance would be a train wreck based on the lack of practicing she has done. I have been told I worry too easily and too soon. Apparently that is true. Sariah did great. She has a competition in a couple of weeks.... I guess we will see what the real judges think.
Spring case lot sale!!!! This is my 2nd favorite day of the year.... fall case lot would be my first. Hayden and Kate were very happy to come help me. They also got the traditional donuts as payment for helping haul cans of food.
I haven't been feeling very energetic the last week (or months). These two happily carried all of the food downstairs, organized it, and got the stickers on each can. I have a pretty impressive way to keep track of the rotation system if anyone is interested. Yes... that is also a stack of toilet paper. I've been obsessed with toilet paper stashes for WAY longer than the corona virus. Take that covid-19. I've been ready for years. At this point, I would actually love a 2 week quarantine.  Two weeks in the house with no one expecting us to leave?!  How heavenly would that be?
Sariah has started her own stop motion production company. It is very impressive! She is almost finished with her first show. When it is done, I'll get it posted for you.
All in all, things are good. Life keeps coming at me faster and faster. I've always wondered why older people say life goes so fast. I have a theory. As I get older, I'm getting slower and I can't keep up mentally or physically. Is life really speeding up, or am I slowing down?

No comments: