Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Good things in a bad month

I believe I had mentioned this before.... February is one of two of my least favorite months. Thank heavens its almost done. The milk I bought the other day had a March expiration date. Hallelujah! That means we are coming to the end of this month! Thankfully, we have had many good things happen as we are getting through the month. First, we did have Valentines Day this past week. We never do much for Valentines day and this year we did even less than that because Corrine opened her mission call. However, Keith did get some flowers and I really appreciated it!
He also got me some more little cacti. I love them in my window. Corrine may or may not have squished them with her back pack. I had to name them. The tall pickle looking ones are "Squishy" (because of the backpack incident) and "Pickles" because of how they look. The greyer super poky one Kate named.  She named it "Lily."  The shorter wavy looking one is "Arcadia" in honor of Corrine's mission because we got the cactus on the same day she found out where she was going.
Anna's birthday was Sunday! Because her family is far away, we kidnapped her and brought her to our house for a little party.
Kate made Anna a cute picture of a temple and it says "You are my favorite cousin."
Corrine took the words to Anna's mission song and made them fancy in her Corrine way. Anna was very touched by it! It is fun to watch Corrine share her talent with people.
Anna needed new socks, so we got that super exciting gift for her!
After birthday dinner, college kids did the dishes!  How lovely!!
Corrine made the cake.  After the Corrine birthday cake the family decorated, surprisingly Corrine said she would handle decorating Anna's cake and didn't want our help. SHOCKING.
Due to time differences, when Andrew skypes in from the Philippines, it ends up being Sunday evening in Utah. Because Anna was at our house, we were able to get in on the skype. It was so fun to see Andrew and talk to him for an hour or so. Maybe I can do this missionary mom thing again.
Here Corrine and Andrew are discussing her new call and his excitement to have her join the ranks with him. These kids have grown up so fast! I am glad these cousins are best of friends.
Now Im going to totally change subjects. Our local Walmart is remodeling. This transition is really tough on me. (I know, 1st world problem). I used to be able to go into the store and basically buy what I needed blindfolded! I knew where EVERYTHING was. Now, it stresses me out when I go in the building. They are keeping crackers in the women's apparel section. WHY?!  What has happened to the world?
There are so many empty shelves as they move stuff around. I can't find anything and it really is upsetting me way more than it should.
I needed some crescent rolls the other day. WHERE ARE THEY? After a few minutes of guessing and walking around I finally had to ask someone. "Oh, those are in the back"... behind the milk where customers can't go.  Well, then. Why didn't I think to check there?!
I know this is a minor thing and honestly it isn't worth mentioning in my blog. But, grocery shopping is a major part of my life and any disruption is worth mentioning. February is almost done and I've been told the remodel is almost done. March can't come fast enough. It just can't.

No comments: