Sunday, February 16, 2020

Your Mission is........

WHAT? Yes. We are doing this again. Corrine has her mission call!  It came on a Tuesday, but because of scheduling and our crazy lives she had to wait till Friday (Valentines Day) to open her call.
Where in the world will she go? I have been praying for MONTHS that she will stay in the United States.  Please oh please oh please! There are just so many possibilities. It is rather overwhelming to consider it all.
Anna got the closest guess so she won the major award!
YES!  I am so grateful she is staying in the states! I am a little concerned that she is basically in Los Angeles and my imagination of scary people has run wild. I'm trying not to think about that. I prayed for the US and I can't be more picky than that. She is super happy and we all feel like this call really is perfect for Corrine. She loves the warm weather. She is happy it is English speaking because she wants to get right to work.
We were SHOCKED about the date she reports. We thought it was very possible she would still be home for Kate's birthday and baptism. Nope. Kate took the news very hard. VERY hard.
 She did find a little solace in her best buddy, Jakob. At least she can still call him and he comes to visit pretty often.
Oh, these girls!!  They are such good friends and so much alike!  They are such good souls and I believe they really are kindred spirits. It breaks my heart to think about them being separated for a time, but Corrine has always been such a great example to Kate. We are all happy that this time around with a missionary, we get a weekly phone call/skype. This will make all the difference. 
Corrine's month of April is INSANE. There is so much going on and I'm not even sure how she is going to find time to sleep or eat. It is going to be crazy. Knowing that, we spent the next day shopping for several hours and got most of the mission stuff. Shopping for several hours is not something either of us likes to do, but we did it!
I need to start a mission blog so I can keep all of her mission stuff in one place. My brain is swimming with so many things that I can not come up with a good mission blog name. Any good ideas?

No comments: