Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Good things

ANOTHER WEEK OF FUN?! Auntie Julie and Anna came from Michigan for a week. It was so nice to visit with them.
We played A LOT of games.
We did take a break from play and we really enjoyed ourselves at the Jordan River Temple. It was so nice to be there with these people.
I love this snapshot in time. Sariah and Kate were coloring some Book of Mormon pages and visiting with one another. Julie and Hayden are doing some family history looking for names that Hayden can take to the temple. Keith, Anna and Jakob are working on Anna's phone. I just love all of these little groups doing good and productive things all working quietly together.
Andrew is on his mission to the Philippines. Monday morning for him happens to be late Sunday night. His mother happened to be at our house.... so we happened to sneak in on their google hangouts weekly phone call. It was such a treat for all of us!
Kate had a little science experiment kit for school. She really wanted to work on it and who better to learn about chemical reactions and density of salt than her awesome, chemical engineer aunt, Julie?!
 This is really cool looking. Good job, ladies!
We had a little bit of time before Julies plane left so we went to the Bean Museum at BYU. My kids love that place!
 
We had about 30 minutes to eat lunch with Anna on her break from work and before Julie had to leave to catch her plane.  So, we had a little picnic on the grounds of the Provo Temple. It was a BEAUTIFUL afternoon and we had a nice visit.
It really was a nice afternoon. Kate just really likes her coat and I thought her all bundled up was pretty cute with the temple in the background.
 Today. Today is back to real life. All of the fun and vacation are over. I do love me some routine and usually I'm chomping at the bit to get some math pages out, but not today. Today I am seriously dragging. I did get up early this morning. I did go walking this morning. The kids are all doing school work and I have the laundry going. We are being as productive as we ever could be. But....
Snow. I realize we  need it, but it seems a little harsh to get it on our first day back to real life. We had a lovely picnic yesterday and now snow. I know, I know. Its JANUARY stop complaining.
Ok real life. Welcome back. We got this. We aren't afraid of you.... just a touch bothered. Routine, I do love you and I look forward to spending a nice quiet month or two with you before things get crazy again. For the first time in 6 years Keith isn't doing robots. This will indeed be a peaceful January.

No comments: