Saturday, January 25, 2020

Corrine is 19!!!

WHAT?! Corrine is 19! She is an amazing lady and I am so blessed to be her mom. Corrine and Sariah went to Hale Center Theater for a matinee. It is nice to see my children enjoy being with each other.
Corrine then asked me to go with her to the temple. When you daughter asks you go to the temple with her AND its her birthday, YOU GO! It was a nice afternoon and I'm glad I went. Thank you for being such a great example, Corrine!
When we got home from the temple we did gifts. Kate was very happy to wrap a present for Corrine.
Yes, that is Batman paper. Yes, Corrine loves it. Yes, its a BIG box.
 LUGGAGE! Welcome to being an adult! Corrine is waiting on mission papers so a nice set of luggage was the gift. No one wants to spend their own money on luggage. She was pleased with the purchase so that made me happy.
Because Corrine and Kate are such great friends, they wanted to make sure Kate would fit in the luggage and be able to go with Corrine on the mission. She fits! I refuse to have both of those girls leave me at the same time. Sorry, Kate has to stay with me.
THIS.  This cake. Corrine is our cake decorator. It has been years since anyone has decorated a cake. I think I bought Corrines cake the last few years. I should have done that again. Everyone in the family had a hand in how this cake decorating turned out.
Corrine laughed hysterically over the cake decorating. Our decorating skills aren't good, but it was a group effort to show Corrine we love her. She laughed until she cried.
 It was so funny she couldn't even look at it!
Still laughing.  Laughing so hard she couldn't blow out the candles. I'm pretty sure she was crying by this point and it wasn't because she was so touched by the sacrifice it took to get this cake for her.
After cake, Jakob did some poetry reading for Corrine..... more hysterical laughing. I had to promise I would not video the poetry reading. It was awesome and I'll see what I can do to get a recording of it another day. It was funny.
 Here are the lyrics. Jakob read this in a very serious poetry reading voice:
Poopy-di- scoop
Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop
Poop-di-scoopty
Scoopty-whoop
Whoopity-scoop-whoop-whoop
Poop-diddy whoop-poop
Poop poop
~By the Seriously Poetic Mr. Kayne West
We have simple minds. All of us... even the classy 19 year old, can enjoy a good potty humor poem. Can't say we aren't educated and well mannered. Happy Birthday Corrine!  Glad we made you laugh at least a little!

No comments: