Jakob sent me a required hiking selfie. Jakob and his roommate, twin brother, friend, Jakob (yes same name same spelling), went hiking over Memorial Weekend. They might have gotten wet. Yes, Im still complaining about how cold and wet every single day is.
Hiking in the rain does not sound fun to me. But it does sound better than the kind of fun I have been having. I have been fighting a kidney stone for 2 months now. I have had so many kind people bring food, treats and flowers. These flowers have brightened my mood and the kitchen. The rain is so gloomy. Im grateful for inspired friends.
One of the big problems with all of the cold and wet is that the kids can not get outside and play. That is driving all of us crazy! Keith spent some time playing legos with Kate. This is another reason why he is the better parent.
Because none of the kids can go outside, they have been expressing themselves through legos. Can you guess what our new family read aloud book is?
The not so scary dark forest.
Hogwarts has taken over my house. Everywhere I look I see some sort of Harry Potter themed scene.
Keith, Corrine, Sariah, Hayden and Kate all worked to get the garden planted. Hayden and Keith also worked on a better watering system for the garden. With all this rain, I'm not sure we will need it!
Jakob came home over the weekend long enough to tear his car apart and then abandon it. I've been told he is working on fixing the A/C. Again, with the weather we have been having I'm not sure he will need it.
I had kidney stone surgery Friday afternoon. I've spent every day since enjoying all that surgery recovery and having a stent can offer. I can't sit. I can't stand. I do this weird shuffle waddle thing. This stent is AWFUL. Im going crazy. The doctor told me my ureter on the right side is totally trashed. I'm sure you wanted to know that. I'm also sure that is an official medical term since the doc used it. No, it can't be fixed. She said I am not allowed to get any more kidney stones. Well, thats a great plan. Im glad she thought of it. Sorry. Pain makes me cranky. I am grateful for the nice blanket a friend got me. It is a good week to curl up with a book and a blanket. Doctors orders.
The kidney stone is gone. The stent is not. I almost want the kidney stone back. This stent is HORRIFIC. It goes away on Thursday. Ugh, I warned you. I've been complaining a lot. It seems I have a one track mind right now. Sorry for the weird screen shot of this shirt. Its on Amazon, and honestly it made me laugh for just a second. I'm not even going to ask what the next week brings. It never turns out well for me.
While I enjoy a nice relaxing afternoon with a blanket and a book..... the kids are getting stir crazy and the fighting is over the top. No school makes kids crazy. I need to send them outside to play. Curse you cold weather! Curse you rain!Thankfully we have good friends! Hayden was invited to a birthday party at Airborne. He had so much fun and I'm so glad he got out of the house to burn some energy.
Sariahs young womens group had a lesson on temple marriages. The girls were able to try on wedding dresses and have a small photo shoot. The year of change keeps on giving, but I'm not ready for this kind of change. It seems like she got her learners permit just a week ago.
The sun is finally out this morning. Maybe we will finally have a nice day?
















No comments:
Post a Comment