Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Royality, Kidneys, Gymmastics, Driving, Oh My!

After the roobots schedule settled down a bit, Sariah's main focus has become studying for the drivers ED test so she could get her learners permit. She was having a hard time with some of the concepts so I decided to use hot wheels to demonstrate. Our demonstration got a little silly.  Ok, it got very silly.
Silly was the key! She passed her test the first try! Now we need to actually practice with her in the car. This part may not be as silly as the hot wheels. Consider yourselves warned.
This past week I was able to attend a class on Education in the state of Utah. It was very interesting. The first part was full of answers to prayers. I'm very impressed and intrigued with the BYU Pathways program. I will admit I had a hard time listening to the Superintendent of the State School board. She seemed nice enough but I think she and I will have to agree to disagree on some issues. Overall, it was a worthwhile experience and I'm grateful I went.
I spent the weekend bonding with a kidney stone or two.  It was a horrible weekend. It got to the point that I called the doctor and BEGGED them to kill me or do surgery. They have some kind of oath where they have to help and can't actually kill me, so surgery was the decided upon action. While I was in bed contemplating the meaning of life with kidney stones, Keith put the kids to work. They deep cleaned the kitchen and that included sealing the kitchen countertops. I love knowing that when I'm down, Keith can keep things going. He is such a good husband and dad.
Corrine was also down with a major case of tonsillitis. Thankfully she is feeling much better so she has really helped to keep things going on the home front. She got the kids to play a game of memory. Things didn't go so well for Jakob, but what can you expect from the absent minded professor? Hopefully he didn't get beat so bad he won't come back.
Should I explain this picture? Nope.
Kate spent all day Sunday making crowns for the family. We all had "crown getting" ceremony.  I asked her "You mean a coronation?"  No.  "Crown Getting." So official. So Royal.
Think... SINK ME. 
Royalty at it best. Jakob made the comment that we spent more time and attention to these pictures than family pictures. There is something wrong with us. Corrine and I have decided its not good when both she and I are on medication and out of our minds.
I tried my best to be the paparazzi chasing royalty. I think we both played our parts well.
Kate had her gymnastics performance on Monday night. Can she get any cuter?!  No, for the record she can not.
She is supposed to be getting ready for the picture of all the performers for the evening. She was beyond happy all evening long. She kept waving, blowing kisses, giving the thumbs up, and dancing the "mom dance" in our direction. It was distracting. It was also very hilarious and we couldn't stop laughing at her. Then the group of performers for the evening. She is far right first row of blues.
Here is her performance. She LOVES gymnastics. I love watching her learn new things. I can't wait to see what the next year of classes will bring.  Kate is the blond with a bun on the far right hand side.
I can't believe all of those things happened in one week.  I'm almost afraid to see what comes along next week.

1 comment:

Betsy Fox said...

The crown pictures are killing me!!!!! Ha ha ha!