Wednesday, May 8, 2019

21 Kidney stones

What a wild and crazy week that was.  Another word could be NORMAL. I spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday passing kidney stones. It was fun. This girl would sit on the bed with me and keep me entertained.
Jakobs 21st birthday was Saturday. His birthday activity of choice was to go to this ice cream shop. It was SO GOOD. I loved everything about it. History. Ice cream. Colonial times. Ice cream. Perfect atmosphere. Ice cream.  The fact it was started by and is run by a homeschooling family just puts it over the top for me.
 Look at the water fountain?!  SO CUTE.
 Yes, I took a picture of the bathroom doors. The details were so fun!
I guess there is more to say about the birthday besides the ice cream.  Jakob is 21!  How the heck did that happen? It didn't seem that long ago we were holding that 2lb little baby. He celebrated his birthday getting typical things grown ups get excited about.  Kate made him a book.  Books for bdays are always good.
Hayden gave him money. Adults love money for bdays.
Sariah gave him a can opener.  This is something Im guessing most responsible adults own.
Corrine gave him a desk lamp. How very grown up.
Keith and I gave him some of the basics he will need to live on his own. Really exciting things like plates, dish towels, laundry baskets, measuring spoons, and Tupperware.
 Yep, the little birdie is flying the nest, but that will be in next weeks blog post. Meanwhile, Corrine made his birthday cake and it was very yummy!
He had a few friends over Saturday night. They came out of the basement to eat cake and then went back. They are a very enjoyable group of young adults.
We are all enjoying the nicer weather. Sariahs finger incidents on the swing haven't slowed her down.
We know summer is coming when its time to eat Popsicles on the lawn. There aren't many more things that are better than this.
Going for the world record of tower building on a rainy day might be better that popsicles outside.
Besides passing kidney stones, I think I had the best treat of the week. I was able to go with some friends to the SLC temple. We did an endowment session and then went to The Lion House for lunch. What a nice treat.
It has been a pretty rainy few days. Once again, we have a busy week scheduled. Please pray for no kidney stones this week.

No comments: