Has it only been just over a week since I last updated the blog? The last couple of days I have wondered why Im so tired. After looking through pictures of the past couple of weeks I know why Im tired. Summer is just moving along so quickly! We had 2 power outages in a one week period of time. Im kind of a baby without power. Im pretty sure Im a disgrace to my pioneer ancestors. The first time the power went out, Keith was home and taught Corrine and I how to get the generator hooked up to the house.
The second time the power went out, I was home without Keith or Corrine! I had to get the power back on using only my own memory. It was a little scary, but we had A/C and to my knowledge I didn't blow anything up. Thank you generator and thank you Keith for teaching me the week before.
A friend of mine had reclining seats reserved at the theater for Increadibles 2. She couldn't go and asked if we would sacrifice and use the tickets for her. Well, I guess.
IT WAS AWESOME. I loved it. It was nice to see how the other half lives. The movie wasn't too bad either.
Keith and the robots team had a booth with FIRST at the Days of 47 Rodeo. That evening the younger kids and I went up to see all the happenings. It was a lot of fun!
Jakob got to take a turn driving the robot. I think he enjoyed being back behind the controls. Its been a couple of years for him.
Sariah is the newest member of the team. She is happy to officially be part of PrototypeX!
Corrine is a natural at speaking with people about the robot.
Kate has been around robots since she was born. It is interesting to me that this is all she has really known.
After playing with the robot for a while, the younger two and I explored some of the other happenings.
Hummm.....
They marines had a booth next to ours and Hayden REALLY wanted to do their pull up bar. The boy is freakishly strong.
Things were going well until Hayden stood up out of this:
And cracked his head open. Oops. It was more of a puncture instead of a total head crack open emergency.
Im at the Days of 47 Rodeo. My ticket was free. I've never been
before. Put a paper towel on that and toughen up. Im going to the rodeo!
I enjoyed the rodeo. Im not sure I would pay for the entire family to attend, but for free... it was awesome! Yes, I see the theme here... free movie tickets, free rodeo tickets. I get it.
We really did like the rodeo. For a little bit we had A TON OF RAIN! It was really coming down and without an umbrella, Hayden improvised.
It didn't last very long though. We did enjoy the rodeo. What a fun summer evening activity! Hayden has taken up puzzles. This is a great summer project!
I have had to really watch my blood sugars and "carbs". The kids are really into how many carbs certain foods have. Kate brought me this plate of "food". I told her it had WAY TOO MANY carbs for me to eat. She said "Oh, I zero down all the carbs in my restaurant!"
I love it. We should zero down carbs at all restaurants. I guess if Im ok with everything tasting like plastic I can have all the zero down carb food there is. Happy Summer Vacation! But... my blessed school routine, where are you?!




























No comments:
Post a Comment