Monday, January 22, 2018

June ... January Happenings

June!  No... January?  Mother Nature is seriously confused. Maybe she has been as busy as I have been and she just lost track of what month it is. This is how the back yard looked on January 15th.
Here is the temperature, for documentation purposes. 50?!  That is flip flop and light jacket weather.
Please don't confuse my words for complaining. I LOVE this weather. I have been so happy to have spring already.  Can we please keep spring like weather until spring? Some people say we need snow in the mountains so we can have water all summer. I see a little snow, its good enough, right?
No. Mother nature is seriously moody. I wonder if she is a teen age girl. The kids are happy we FINALLY got winter! Snow?  We have snow?!
The kids were pretty excited to get out and shovel the driveway. No they weren't.  Jakob was especially happy about the snow. He LOVES DESPISES the cold.
They were excited to play in the snow for just a little bit.
We had a good 24 hours of watching the snow, drinking hot chocolate, enjoying the woodstove,(we wouldn't use a woodstove, that is irresponsible and hurts mother earth) and being indoors. Today, I think we are ready for the spring weather to come back.  What a bunch of babies we have become.  Im trying to work on a goal I have of reading all of the General Conference talks.... especially since we are using them for lessons in Relief Society now.

It has been nice to read in the nice warm house while it snows... but I enjoyed reading outside in the spring like weather just as much.

No comments: