My house was starting to feel like we could be contenders for an episode of Hoarders. (this is not really my house... but... it gives you an idea of how I feel)
I've never seen the show, but who needs reality tv when the reality of it hits close to home. I decided to take a room at a time and do some serious "ESSENTIALISM" de-junking. It is safe to say the girls have WAY more clothes than they could possibly need. They had so many, that there literally wasn't enough room to put it all away. Learning to think in essentialism has been a gift. Im really starting to cherish it and see the wisdom.
Wow, we have a lot of stuff. Hayden helped me go through his room and he helped clean out the kitchen.
When all was said and done, we had 12 bags and one LARGE box of things to take to DI. I only got through a few rooms, but it was enough to make me feel a little better. Now when the kids put their clean clothes away, there is actually room in the dresser to do what I ask of them. How nice.
I will admit this display has been rather embarrassing to show you. At least the producers of Hoarders won't be coming to my house... not this week anyway. I did take a break from my hoarding episode and enjoyed a lunch date with Sariah.
I decided to take one kid at a time out for lunch when Keith works every other Friday. I started with Corrine, but forgot to get a picture. oops. Sariah and I went for lunch to Costa Vida. The kids get to choose where we go. We had a great time visiting and just enjoying an afternoon together. Now, back to my little hoarders.....




No comments:
Post a Comment