Thursday, October 19, 2017

Break from insanity

Maybe I've gone insane. Maybe Im the crazy one.  About two years ago I totally gave up on politics. This time I give up on sanity. Yesterday in a period of 2 hours, I read a couple of "news" stories that have left me frustrated. The first one was a story about how "white people" are engaging in "cultural appropriation" by wearing hoop earrings.   I should warn you to get your crayons and find a safe space....
Im sorry for such shocking things on my page. Some of the comments on the news article were people saying they would "kill whites wearing hoops."  I need a break from the insanity. The next insane thing I came across is "appropriate" halloween costumes.  No, this is not what you think. Its not about those scary costumes that make your 12 year old look like a "girl" on the stip in vegas. Get back to your safe space. Here is Opie Taylor pretending to be a COWBOY. Its horrific.
Look at those guns on his hips!!!!  The scariest part about this costume is what you don't see. If Opie is a cowboy.... that implies that some of his friends were.... GASP... Indians!!! Woah. I know. Several schools have ended Halloween parties "just in case" students show up in something offensive. College students are even being told what they can and can't wear. College students that are supposedly adults. College students we allow to vote. They need this to decide what to wear to a costume party.
I need a break from insanity. This week several schools banned this
Why? Because it is filled with things that are "uncomfortable" for kids to read. This... this is super uncomfortable:

 Later in the evening I read a news story about THIS thing reading to PRESCHOOL children in the Michelle Obama library.
If you don't like that, try a school in Utah doing a "poetry slam workshops on tolerance and acceptance"  The school was so accepting that they invited the local gay pride group to come talk to the kids. The first thing the group did was separate the kids according to their sexual identity, sexual preference, and religion. Talk about being "inclusive".

I need a break from the insanity.  We went to a friends house this morning. I enjoyed it. The kids seemed to play ok.
The family hosting probably had To Kill a Mocking bird on the bookshelf. *GASP*
I need a break from insanity. 

1 comment:

Betsy Fox said...

I sense some frustration, no?