Things have been busy, to say the least. Hayden got his Bear award at cub scouts the other night! He has been working hard and Im glad he likes to do the requirements. He is SO very excited to move to Webelos in July. He will go to webelos camp the day after his birthday. I LOVE the scout leaders in our ward. Every single one of them is just amazing with the boys and they work so hard.
Keith took Hayden and Sariah to "take your kid to work day". They LOVED it. Should I admit I enjoyed having them gone for the day?! Yikes. Bad mom. Bad attitude.
It was just Kate and Corrine for the day.... so we spent the day at the dentist. Kate was so excited and happy!
I found out that she had an abscessed tooth and it needed to be removed. So, they gave her some sleepy juice and 45 minutes later she was like this.
Poor kid slept all day long and woke up the next day with no tooth. She is my 5th kid. It didn't even cross my mind that she should have got a visit from the tooth fairy for this.... until just now. Im realizing why the dentist gave the tooth to me in a cute little box. I have no idea why she still likes the dentist (or mom). Bad mom. Bad attitude. I have found that my mood is directly tied to the weather. On Friday it did this.
On Saturday I mowed the lawn. That was good. On Sunday my dishwasher died for the 2nd or 3rd time in a year. We are tired of finding replacement parts so we decided to get a new dishwasher. This stinks because we just spent money on counter tops and now we are going to be giving the orthodontist an all expenses paid vacation to Hawaii. (thanks Hayden) Oh, bad mom. Bad attitude. My mood is also directly tied to how clean the kitchen counter and sink are. Needless to say I've been super stressed. My BEAUTIFUL kitchen sink and counter tops are covered in 3 days of dirty dishes. Im extra cranky and stressed.
While we are on the subject...... is there anyone that actually likes their dishwasher? Why do they all die after 4-5 years? I have spent HOURS reading customer reviews of dishwashers and it seems no one actually likes their dishwashers. We FINALLY found one that sounded like it might work for us and the store was back ordered till June 3. Im pretty sure my stress level can't handle dirty dishes for over a month. Do them by hand you say... No. With a family as busy and crazy as ours is, I refuse to do dishes by hand. I also have some serious OCD issues and Im sure that dishes washed by hand aren't actually clean. My favorite feature on the dishwasher is the "sanitize" button. I have no idea if it actually cleans the dishes, but it sure helps me sleep at night. So, after about 4 days of using dishes and having a kitchen sink and counter top..... we are back to paper plates.
We also have "the great back splash debate" going on right now. There are several samples of tile around the kitchen right now. A decision must be made by Thursday night because I really want to start back splash by Friday... or have a working dishwasher..... which ever. Sorry for the rant. I really just want one week of clean dishes and a clean kitchen. I've asked too much. I know.








No comments:
Post a Comment