Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Weekend

We had a great memorial weekend!  We also did what we do best..... projects around the house.  We finally got the garden planted. Im kind of glad we waited because the weather has been so weird and I think we would have lost it if we had planted earlier.
Hayden has enjoyed taking over Jakobs job.
Our cat had 5 babies a few weeks ago, but only one survived. It has been getting lots of love and attention before it leaves our house for its new family.
We were also able to get some more work done on the backsplash. We had to seal it all, do the "edging", and we changed all the outlets from white to black. Over kill?  Maybe. I just need the shutters to get here and then we can be totally finished with the kitchen project! You will get a before and after picture if we ever get to the after point......
Don't think we only did projects. We did manage to play.  The Fox Family invited us to their house for dinner and a super fun evening.  I just love these girls! Im so glad they are friends.

This group scares me. Despite the fear, I also love all of these kiddos and Im glad they are friends.
We were also able to board a star ship and try to complete a mission. We were all assigned our roles for the mission. I was chief Tactical... which means I was in charge of the weapons. BIG secret weapons.  Kate was the happiest I have ever seen her when she got her assignment..... assistant tactical officer. She shouted "YES!!!" and was so happy. The secret weapon was called the Bunny Rabbit. The rest of the evening she kept asking me "When can we shoot the bunny rabbits?!"  or "When can we release the bunny?!"   She took her job very seriously.

Hayden was one of the security officers.  Does this make you feel safe? Nope, me either.

Sariah was the Chief Damage Control Officer.  Basically, if something broke, she had to fix it. Thankfully, we didn't receive much damage.

Corrine was the Chief Communications Officer. She was a busy girl helping people communicate with the ships computer as well as other space ships.

Keith was #1.... the assistant captain. Basically, he was there to keep control and stop mutiny. We came close to mutiny when Captain Abe and Kate wanted to shoot exploding stars. Their bad decision caused us all to die... but it was a glorious and exciting death.  Here is the crew. We were a pretty good crew and worked well together.

I do need to draw your attention to our uniforms. I must inform you that my friend, Besty MADE them.  She had no pattern. She claims to have no skills in this particular area. I think my friend lies. We must head to space again sometime. We really did make a great crew and had so much fun! Thanks Fox Family for the great evening. We really had so much fun and we are SO BLESSED to call you all friends.  We love you all! Thank you so much.  
Was that the end of the fun?  No, no it wasn't. We decided it was time to hang out around the fire pit. Keith and Corrine weren't home Monday evening, but the younger kids and I had a great time.
Welcome relaxing summer.
We look forward to many more evenings around the fire pit!
We had a pretty good start to summer this past weekend!

No comments: