Thursday, May 18, 2017

Last Days of School-ish

We are officially at the last week of school.  Can I just pause for a moment and say THANK YOU.  Whew. Its been a long school year and the last 2 weeks have been the longest. When I was younger I thought the school teacher lived at school and she LOVED every second of it.  Well, now I know.... I do live at school but I don't love every second of it. I think Im more ready for summer vacation than the kids are.
I do have to say, we are trying to make an effort to finish the school year this week.  I'll admit, its minimal effort.  I am getting very creative with our school work.  For example, animal sciences class.  Look, the cat had a baby. Go out once a day and pet the baby. Make sure momma has some food.
Oh, yes. I think you SHOULD watch Wild Krats. What an informative documentary on Pangolins.
Science?  Did we even do science this school year?  Well, Miss Frizzle has us all covered. Learn about life in the water.
We do have a family read a loud book that we spend time with during lunch every day. It works well for us because people around here expect lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY.  So, we read and eat.  This is probably one of my favorite times of the day. (no sarcasm at all. It really is)
Good to see Corrine is getting her science studies in.
I find it interesting that we have been spending so much time with "science" this week. That really isn't natural for us. I will say teaching the 4 year old to read out of Calvin and Hobbs counts as "Classic Literature".
Oh.... look. We even had drama class. Hayden and Kate are pretending to be wild animals. I don't see where the pretending came in... seems to me the are pretty close to wild animals without the pretending part.....

Alphabetize the dvds?  Yes.  Excellent.
Magformers with friends?  Sounds like geometry class to me!
Yes. I will also admit that Kate spent most of the day in her gymnastics uniform. Thats just proof that she ATTENDED gymnastics class..... BOOM... P.E. even happened today. Oh, wait, Hayden also went to TWO  taekwondo classes.  Im killing this homeschool thing.  Bye bye school year. Its been real.

All I need now is a big bag of chocolate and some time to drool over school books next year.

No comments: