For Beehives (12-13 year old girls in our church) activity this week, the moms and daughters had Cupcake Wars today! The bishop picked the secret ingredient but we had no idea what it was until the challenge started. We met at a leaders house and picked up our bag of supplies. We had 2 hours to make something and get back to her house to be judged. Here is the secret ingredient:
WHAT? I know. We decided to do a "breakfast muffin" instead of an actual cupcake. The only rule was we had to use the secret ingredient somewhere in the recipe. So, we figured we weren't totally breaking the rules. We basically made up the recipe as we went... but we figured we needed to remember who the judges were. Bishopric. Guys. So, we broke out the sausage, onions, green peppers, and poured some eggs over the top.
We still wanted our muffin to look like a cupcake, so we put the entire can of jalapenos in Greek Yogurt (and added some more peppers) and that became the "frosting".
Here are all of the girls that came to participate.
Here are some of the other cupcakes. Some of them I could taste the jalapenos... some I wonder how much they used the secret ingredient. But, there were no rules on how much had to be used.... Pretty creative moms and daughters in our ward. I was SUPER impressed. Maybe I could stand jalapenos if there was enough chocolate to drown out the taste. Maybe.
Sariah receiving her award from the bishop.
What a good group of girls!
Sariah got the award for Extraordinary use of the secret ingredient.
Good job Sariah! It was fun. We will have to do this again sometime.










No comments:
Post a Comment