Friday afternoon, she had a piano competition. She did a great job! I recorded her piano recital, but I will say the competition went much better. After she performed, the lady checking her in looked at me and mouthed "WOW!" Yes, indeed. Wow. I wish I could have taken a picture or recorded it, but sadly it was against the rules.
Right after the piano competition she changed clothes(in the restroom of the piano studio) and raced off to her first date. Parents have visions of their daughters first date. Well, at least we did. We thought of all kinds of things we could do to the poor boy. We would have him come into the home and watch Keith cleaning guns while I had him fill out an application to date her. The application would have things like blood type, drivers license #, which graveyard he preferred......and naturally we would require a $50 deposit. Corrine had to go and ruin things for our plans though. Her first date was with with a guy we know VERY well. He is guy we both like and trust quite a lot. He did ask her out in January after she turned 16. Then, he had several "excuses" as to why they couldn't go out for another 2 months. Something about getting wisdom teeth out for mission paperwork and building a robot....
So, after the piano competition, we raced to the parking lot of a store near the freeway. Corrine and I then sat there waiting for her date. After about ten minutes of that, 2 other boys from the group came. Each of them came with out dates. After about 5 more minutes another guy she knows came with two girls. It was getting rather funny. I had to leave to run other errands so after about 20 minutes, I left Corrine in the hands of 3 guys she knows... none of which were her date. Her date was running late.... because he had to pick up another girl.... for one of the other guys. Yes. Her date was late because he was picking up a different girl and they were going to meet in the parking lot of an abandoned store. No, I never did see Corrines date until after the date. We did make him come inside after the date and have the entire family ask about 1,000 questions. Because I wasn't able to do a proper first date picture, I'll just add their awkward 80's prom picture. It is almost as good, and you get the idea.
From what I hear, all was well and Corrine had a very good time. She enjoyed all of it except the Chinese food. They went to a space simulator.... think Star Trek. Corrine was the Chief Security Officer. Wise choice. Put the girl behind a gun. Clark knows her well. She said during their first mission she got killed almost instantly. Sadly, we have not had her watch enough Star Trek. She forgot to send out "ensign disposable" first. The second time around she said she lasted a little longer and was able to kill a few bad guys before their ship blew up. Thank you Clark for the first date. The series of
This weekend Corrine also had a debate competition. She tried Student Congress for the first time. She had a very unpopular bill. She proposed a crazy thing called "Constitutional Carry". Basically the idea is that the constitution is the only authority a person needs to carry a concealed firearm. Thanks to the progressive brainwashing that has occurred, none of the students were able to comprehend actual facts that were expertly prepared and delivered. Corrine ended up taking 3rd in chair and 4th in speaker. I personally think she got first in arguing with idiots and it was a great learning experience for her. It is pretty safe to say Corrine will not participate in Student Congress again and her days as a politician are over. In April she is giving an oratory on Women's Rights..... Don't worry... its not what you think.
Corrine also entered her first art show this weekend. Sadly, we will be out of town when the actual art show is happening and so we won't be able to see it. I am excited to hang her first "major piece of art work" in our home. Look for it. It will be right by the front door.





3 comments:
Please tease him FOREVER!!
That is one very busy, very talented girl! We love corrine!
ARGHHHH! The shame, will it ever end? But with how messy that date was, I'm very deserving of it. Thanks again Corrine for coming me..... Even though you had to put up with crazy driving, Chinese food, and having your date show up an hour late! But hey, look on the bright side. Nobody died!
P.S- Technically I was only a half-hour late, not a full hour!
Post a Comment