I love watching Keith interact with the best kids in the world. He is so good with them. They are so respectful of us, our home, and our family is their family.
I love sitting in the stands with the other moms.... although this weekend it felt like we were spaced out sitting with little kids. We will need to make sure we are sitting together at the competition in Idaho. I love that this has always been a family thing.
We work on the robot as a family, every one in the family talks about robots, everyone in the family watches the competition, and even Kate helps with "scouting" the other teams.
I love watching my kids learn new things and have new experiences they never would have had. This year Sariah was a volunteer and helped re-set the field after every match. This was a BIG job and she came home tired each night. But what a great experience for her. At the end of each match, there would be about 1 billion whiffle balls all over the floor!
At one point in the day, they had to stop and fix a few things on the field. The volunteers came out and danced to YMCA. Some time you need to watch Kate dance to that song... but I digress.
Corrine took over Jakobs job as the person that followed Keith around and helped keep him on track. I liked thinking about Jakob and seeing yet another connection that Jakob and Corrine have to each other. At the competition in SLC we ended in 5th place. Its not exactly as well as we wanted to do. These kids handled it well. They all came back and that night were talking about what they could do better and how they can fix things to perform better in Idaho. I didn't hear anyone pointing fingers or blaming other kids or mentors on the team. They made decisions as a team and they took the consequences as a team. I so appreciate that example. And... our robot hung about 4 feet in the air after every single match. We didn't miss a single climb. That's pretty cool, really.
Im really looking forward to the competition in Idaho. It is a long couple of days in the stadium, but the benefits out way the inconvenience in my mind. I love everything about our team.


No comments:
Post a Comment