Monday, April 3, 2017

BOISE

We made another wild and crazy trip to Boise to compete in the robotics competition.  For the most part, it was great fun! Wednesday night we met with some of the robots team for Mexican food. Jakob told me we have been doing Mexican wrong, so I figure I'll do what I can to research.
I should send this picture to Jakob. Kate made it for him. Its VERY Mexican, right?
On Thursday Keith and Corrine spent the day at the stadium with robot practices. I had the other 3 kids for the day so we decided to have some fun. We went out for American/Mexican lunch. It was so good. Then, we played in the pool at the hotel.  Yes, we waited an hour.
I realize the two little kids are in life jackets. I also realize this is probably bad form when teaching kids to swim. But, in reality, I wasn't teaching them to swim. I was mostly killing time while not killing children.
 

I love that the hotel was so close to the Boise Temple. I took this from the parking lot. I wish we had time to go to the temple, but it was nice to at least see it a couple times a day.
What do you do while watching tv?  Arch ups, of course.  Its nice to see gymnastics money paying off. No, she still isn't qualified skill wise for the 5 year old class but she isn't 5 yet so Im not concerned.  Her teacher says Kate is progressing nicely. She might even make it to the 5 year old class BEFORE she is 5...... She might be advanced after all. Don't buy tickets to the Olympics just yet, but you might want to save your money.
Oh, yes. We went to Boise for robots. I remember.  I really do love being in the stands and watching the competition. I love visiting with the other parents. I even got to have a very short time with baby Gretta.  She is so much a mommas girl, so the time was short, but I got my baby fix in. I wanted to eat her up, but I also wanted her to like me. So, I didn't. I can't wait till she is big enough for me to sneak her candy.
This is the "Drive Team" for robots. Have I mentioned how much I love these kids? They are so amazing. I look forward to seeing what things they will do in the future.
 
If you are going to be a Boise State, get your picture taken on the blue turf!  Can you find our team? Look for the team making the "X" with their arms.

The kids did pretty well in the stands for 2 days straight. Hayden basically bounced from one electronic device to another. I should feel guilty, but I don't. I should have stopped it, but I didn't. Go ahead, rot your brain. Im on vacation.  Kate did ok, till the last hour of the day. Then, she fell asleep and couldn't take it any more.
Look!  A robot. The kids liked this, but as Kate pointed out... that isn't the REAL R2D2.
 
Here are a few pictures of the actual competition. We did well. We got beat in a tie breaker match of the semi-finals. We were the only team to beat the winning alliance once. Sadly, we needed to beat them twice. It was still lots of fun and we had a great year.
Im proud of being part of this team. I love the people associated with it. I will forever be grateful for them.



No comments: