Jakob and I went with Keiths mom to the World Congress of Families IX in SLC on Thursday. This was the first time this congress met in the United States. What an amazing experience. I will try to sum up the talks.... this way I will have a record of it. I had a couple of "take away's" from this day. First, there are a lot of really good people just trying to do their best. They love God and their families. Second, I am so grateful for prophets and apostles. The people that attended the congress were coming up with solutions to the worlds problems. Every one of their solutions could be found in the Proclamation On The Family. Here are a few points I want to remember:
1) One human being is of greater import than the entire cosmos to God.
2) Inspire the girls of the town to be noble mothers if you want great men.
3)Mothers are the guardians of the worlds most valuable resource-hearts of children.
4) Easier to build strong children than repair broken adults.
5)You have all you need to raise the most noble generation.
6) Law of harvest applied to life... bad times are coming. Prepare... teach your kids the stories that will strengthen them.
7) We need to bring God back to the home, churches, and communities.
8) Most important is La Familia. The family is the heart of God.
9) Strong family is antidote to poverty, gangs, drugs...
10)Uncle Sam may be our uncle, but he will NEVER be our FATHER.
11)Weekly church worship increases childs chance at better education, career, and stable marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment