Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Life Skills 101

The past couple of days we have had some intense "life skills" classes. Kate learned the value of a dental cleaning and being brave. I was so proud of her climbing into that chair and letting them work. I witnessed a modern day miracle. Kate was SO GOOD.
The dryer broke. This is a very sad and tragic thing. Jakob got to experience all that a Laundromat  has to offer. There are many life lessons taught at a Laundromat. 1) People are interesting. Try not to judge. When you are a missionary... you will need to talk to those people.  2) Laundromats are a very expensive way to do laundry. Kids, review any budget lesson from Dave Ramsey. 3) Laundromats feel dirty. Are they? You clean things there... but they sure feel icky to me. 4) Take something to do. Jakob has been putting off reading a book for his government/civics class. There are not very many distractions at a Laundromat. He got to sit and read in a relatively distraction free area.  5) Drying 6 loads of laundry at once.... GENIOUS.  Dear Santa, if you are reading this... I would like 2 commercial dryers that are as large as my laundry room.
Jakob also helped Keith diagnose the broken dryer. They figured out what was wrong and its an easy fix! I'm so glad for smart guys that are willing to figure out how to fix things.
I had a moment of insanity. I realized that Corrine will be driving in January. The roads and weather are usually bad in January. I decided I wanted Corrine to get a small taste of driving before the snow flies. So, I took her to the church parking lot and let her drive. Lets just say.... no one died... but I'm not sure I'm ready for another student driver. I don't know if my blood pressure can handle it. I'll warn you when she starts driving on actual roads.
Next life skills lesson.... clean the bathroom.  Ok, Im kidding...we know that's not going to happen.

No comments: