We are doing our best to stay caught up on all of the many activities we have going on. For example, Kate is doing her best to learn her ABC's. She knows them all now and is trying to figure out how to put them together to make words. The leapfrog dvd is a good way to learn. The chocolate cookie doesn't hurt either.
Hayden does his best at avoiding book/paper school work. He prefers to be outdoors working hard. I use it as a way to motivate him to get the paper school work done. I will admit its a win-win for me. Don't tell Hayden. He is a great kindling maker. No, its not child labor.... its called "life skills class".
Sariah is really trying to work on her handwriting. I will say she has improved SIGNIFICANTLY. That's not to say there isn't room to improve, but she wins the award for most improved.
Corrine does her best to squeeze in book work when she is home. She spends a lot of time at seminary, teaching piano lessons, attending piano lessons, piano recitals & competitions, sewing class, speech and debate class, robotics team, as well as church related activities. She is one busy girl. Did I tell you she got a stake calling? She now plays the piano at stake baptisms.
Jakob is probably the best dressed student I have. Currently, Hayden is doing his school work in pajamas while he waits for clean laundry. Jakob wears a tie to do Chemistry.
Will that improve his grades, I don't know. He and Corrine had just gotten back from the temple, so maybe this is more of a sign of laziness than wanting to look good for school. He just didn't want to take the time to change clothes. Our house is a mess, there is always laundry to be done, papers to be graded, garbages to be taken out, and floors to be cleaned. We are doing our best to stay caught up.
No comments:
Post a Comment