The kids listened to conference and decided they wanted to work on "ponderizing" scriptures. Ponderizing scriptures is a great way to combine devotional with hand writing practice.
This week I decided the weather was just too nice to have school inside. I took the 3 younger kids to the zoo for a field trip. They LOVED it. Kate has been before, but was too young to remember. She was very upset when it was time to go home. She is a little monkey and wanted to stay at the zoo "forever".
Our school curriculum consists of gun safety classes. There was another school shooting a week ago. That night we had a "gun safety" class with the kids. What do you do if you are in a class room, or store, or some other place when a shooter comes in? We reviewed and practiced with the kids. For school today, we decided the entire school needed more training on the range.
Kate couldn't pull the trigger without help, but she was learning how to use the sights.... sort of. Hayden got a lesson on safety and how to tell if the safety is on or off. He also got more training on learning how to use sights.
Balloon trees are fun.
Sariah did a great job in gun safety training class.
Corrines training consisted of shoot, run to another target and shoot again, then practice shooting while moving. She did great considering she wasn't feeling 100%.
Jakobs training was the same as Corrines. He is very good at this training. I found myself feeling a little sad its his senior year and soon he won't be home to participate in gun safety training class. How fast can he make it through the course? Answer: pretty fast.
Yes, the teacher and principal also worked on their skills. For the record, the teacher and principal did ok. I feel much safer knowing our school is NOT a gun free zone and students are properly trained and supervised. I like tradition. I like tradition combined with education.

No comments:
Post a Comment