Sunday, October 5, 2014

Perfect Weekend

General Conference weekends are the best of the entire year. Its a good thing we get two a year! Our weekend started out with fun and fire! Fire is always fun. Sariah is taking a rocketry class in school. She has been studying all about the parts of a rocket and how they work. We decided to launch one Friday evening. I wanted to wait until we had the proper adult and rocket scientist supervision.

The first launch was perfect! Parachute deployed and the rocket landed pretty close to the launch site!

 Im grateful to Keith for teaching this class and helping Sariah with it. The crowed was impressed. Thank you to Betsy Fox for bringing us caramel popcorn to enjoy the show with.
The second launch did not go so well.  The parachute did not deploy. The rocket flew... far far away. Where did it go?!

Thank you Keith for trudging through the neighbors pasture and finding the rocket 2 houses away (we have acre lots... so it was FAR away) We learned a lot of lessons we will implement for the next rocket launch. If you want to come observe, let me know! On another note.... I bought some Classic Little Golden books the other day.  They are not exactly politically correct. They were written in 1954. I love them. Kate LOVES to have books read to her. I hope she always loves books.
As I said in the beginning, General Conference is the BEST. We have the tradition (started when I was young) (thanks dad!) to have crepes (rolled pancakes) on conference morning. Hayden has been asking about it for DAYS... if not weeks. There is something about cool whip, cinnamon sugar, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir that just makes a person love church.

 I've decided conference Sunday is about food. Yes, it is about listening to the Prophet. It is about receiving answers to prayers. It is about much needed comfort and direction.  It is also about food. Right now the family is playing a heated game of Risk while eating banana bread. We listen to talks about Love Thy Neighbor and then dad tries to kill his children while taking over the world.
I wish we had smell-o-blog. Roast and mashed potatoes are cooking in the background. The second session of conference is about to start. My house is trashed and I don't care. Its been about 65-70 outside. This is a perfect weekend.

No comments: