Friday, October 10, 2014

Lessonde Studios

Corrine and I went to the University of Utah for a ground breaking ceremony for The Lessonde Studios. The Lessonde is going to be a cool building that has dorms and places for engineering students to do engineering type things. Its all very STEM related. Our robots team was invited to come show off the robot so Corrine and I went.
There were lots of important people in fancy clothes. Corrine was able to listen to a talk from the president of the U. I thought he gave a pretty good speech.
Corrine helped show off the robot..... by catching the ball when it kicked. I think she had fun with that though.

While showing off our robot, it broke! Thankfully, Corrine was not driving it at the time. This is one of my favorite pictures. I like her face... "uh, coach Courtney, can you fix it?!"
Part of The Lessonde is going to be these "pods" where students sleep.  This will be their only personal space. Everything else will be in big common areas. This is how big the pod will be. Corrine said "I wouldn't like that. And, there is no way all of my stuff would even fit in there!"
The very important rich people got to turn over dirt. This was special dirt brought in for just this occasion. Here is Corrine on very important dirt.
It was a good experience for Corrine to hang out at the U and be a part of this ground breaking.... silly important dirt and all.

No comments: