Saturday, October 11, 2014

Maker Faire

Our robot team showed the robot at the Salt Lake City Maker Faire. This is something that we would have never gone to. Im glad we went. It was a nice afternoon and there were some fun things for the kids to see and do.  First, our robot. Its the best. It was broke though.  The kids still had fun kicking the ball with it and catching it. The little kids got a chance to run the robot as well, so that was a good experience for them.
Jakob and Corrine spent time talking to people about the robot as well as teaching them how it runs.

I took the younger kids around the fair and checked out some of the other sites. The little kids LOVED to chase this quadra-copter. It was pretty cool and Sariah said thats what she wants for Christmas now.

A guy from Riverton uses old machine parts and makes art out of them. This was pretty cool.

Hayden and Kate especially enjoyed riding this little train that someone had built. It is pretty cute! Corrine wants to build one in our back yard.


The kids did pretty good playing with other kids and the robot.



I love that Kate has her hand on Hayden. So cute. Maybe they do love each other?
 I like that no matter where you are, Legos are the coolest thing ever.  I also like that the 2 year old HAS to have her watch on.


 The most popular thing (BY FAR) was R2D2. The kids LOVED seeing him.




 We had a busy weekend, but it was nice to do a few things that we wouldn't have normally done.
Im posting this picture for no other reason than I think its cute.



No comments: