Saturday, January 26, 2013

Projects

I have been busy with several projects. I am slowly getting some crossed off the list.

 At the beginning of the year, I downloaded 2 years worth of blogs to get into our family blog book. I did this a few years ago and I have really liked having all of the blog entries in a hard copy book form. Last time, it was pretty easy. The entries and pictures downloaded easily and I have a nice book. This time, I downloaded it, ordered it and did not heed the warnings. When the book came, the kids starting going through it. Blog entries were not with their pictures. A lot of the pictures had peoples heads cut off. It was not good. I did spend $80 for that fantastic book. I have it if you want to come see. So, I had to re-do the entire book. This time I spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME making sure it was all fixed. It took me over a week to get it right. Yesterday I finished it and ordered the new book. The new book cost me $75. Yes, that $80 was a stupid tax and Im sure I have an excellent object lesson waiting to happen.

I am the Ward Emergency Preparedness Person. The stake gave a long list of things for us to work on. Thankfully, some of those things I have already done and taken care of. One thing the stake wanted us to do was to write an emergency plan. I spent a few days working on our plan. It is now in a nice binder with the bishop to review. I included a map of the ward divided into blocks, a list of block leaders, a list of "assets" our ward has, a list of people that have training in various areas, and a map of how to set up our triage. There are other things in the plan, but it really is boring.  I still need to meet with the bishopric and go over the plan I submitted and see what changes we need to make. For now, Im glad the ball is in the bishops court and I don't have to think about it for a while.

Kate has a LOT of clothes. No really. TONS. There are currently 4 boxes of clothes in her room on her floor.  They have been there since before Christmas. I have a nice little path that goes from her bedroom door to the changing table and another path that goes from her door to the crib. I seriously need to clean her room. I bought permanent markers to mark the clothes so I know who to give them back to. I also bought some bins for the clothes that are still to big for her. That is as far as I have got on that project. I really should be cleaning her room. I don't want to.

It is January. Im pretty sure I should put the bag of potato chips down and exercise. I don't want to do that either. Maybe when the weather is nicer I will start to care. But then again, maybe not.

Sariah's curtains are not the best. They are very see through. Most of the time she doesn't even close them. Her curtain rod is falling out of the wall. I bought some curtains from Kohls using coupons and Kohls cash. I think they will be much better. I need to get Keith to hang a new rod that wont fall out of the wall. Im not sure that is going to be possible. I went in her room the other night and her large "pooh bear" stuffed animal was hanging from the curtain rod by a scarf. He was the prisoner and was going to die.  Im thinking we have larger problems than just see through curtains.

Hayden and Sariah need more help with school. I admit, I have been neglecting their academic needs. Now that the blog book and the emergency preparedness plan are finished I think I can resume my normal duties as teacher on Monday.

Hayden is what we like to say, hyper. He is not gaining weight and is in fact, falling off the charts in height and weight. The doctor was concerned and so Hayden had to do a ton of blood work a couple of weeks ago. They lost one test, so we had to go back last week and do it again. Everything except his blood sugars came back ok.  His blood sugar was low. I have been checking him all week and his sugars are VERY low all of the time. I have to take him to the doc next week so we can start figuring out what to do to help him. After a few years of struggling with his weight and growth, I feel like we are finally on the right track and maybe we can start making progress.

I need to clean the basement. It wont happen. Not any time soon. I also need to can chicken so I can get it out of my freezer. I also have a lot of ground beef I need to can. Maybe I'll do that next week.  Maybe I wont.

Well, I need to start on one of these projects.  Or, I'll go bake cookies. Which ever.

No comments: