Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tis the Season

Tis the season for piano recitals! Hayen, Sariah, and Corrine all take piano from the fabulous Betsy Fox. The kids LOVE her.  Ok, I love her to.  The kids all did great!  The only mistake they made is that Hayden and Sariah were SO EXCITED to play that they totally disregarded the program and just got up and played when they were overcome with the urge to play. Sorry to those that they totally ran over.   This is the group that Betsy teaches.
Here is Hayden performing a duet with his teacher at his very first piano recital! He played We Three Kings.  It is now his favorite Christmas song.

Here is Sariah performing Oh Christmas Tree. She had it memorized!


Corrine played Away in a Manger.  It was memorized as well.... and a very hard song to play, if you ask me....
Jakob takes piano from Sheri Aston.  We love her as well!  She has been so good for him.  I was holding Kate while trying to take Jakobs picture.  She didn't hold still.  This is the moment where she knocked my glasses onto the floor and took this picture while I was bending over to find them.
This is Jakob, (in another moving picture) playing Here we come a wassailing.

I tried to load the video of the kids playing and couldn't get it to work. :(  Anyway, I really enjoy the piano recitals! Its fun to watch the kids progress and enjoy playing the piano.  Thank you piano teachers!

2 comments:

Clark Fox said...

They are a joy to teach! And I too was thrilled with how they played!

Gabrielle Kim said...

Your kids did great! It was so fun to watch them. I was laughing so hard inside when Hayden just excitedly jumped up and introduces himself and started to play - what a stud!