Monday, December 3, 2012

Festival of Trees

Last week Jakob performed at the Festival of the Trees.  He did a great job!
After he performed, we decided to walk around and check out all of the cool trees! Jakob said it looks like Im rich and I hired some guy in a suit to carry around my baby.  I wish. 
Usually when you think Festival of the Trees you think "classy, fancy, expensive..."  Well,  you were thinking right about one thing.  Classy and fancy don't exactly describe some of these trees.  For example, this is the "chewed up gum tree".  Everything on this tree is chewed up gum from an elementary school class.  My first thought was "creative".  The more I dwelt on it, the more disgusting I thought it was.
If chewed up gum isn't your taste (ha ha) then I have a couple more in the "white trash" category. How about the "dryer hose" tree?
Or the ever popular "red solo cup" tree.  I get that it is named after a popular Toby Keith song. Im all for Toby Keith. I've sung the "red solo cup" song more than once.  However, I see at least 2 things wrong with this tree.  First... ITS NOT RED!!!!   Second, check out the price.  Really?  I wish I could make that kind of money for gluing the WRONG COLOR of cups together.
So you don't get the wrong idea about Festival of the Trees, I will post some that weren't in the very expensive"white trash" section. We really liked this Planes/Trains/Automobiles tree.
Or the tree for the military. Corrine especially liked the solders dressed up in military uniforms. I liked the plaque. What a great saying... I might have to adopt it as a stand by lecture.
The BYU/UTES tree was pretty popular with my group as well. Please note which side all of my children chose. Never mind Kate being asleep.... She likes the Utes.
The kids thought that Kates favorite tree was the "sleeping baby doll" tree.  See how Kate got into the moment for the picture?
The most popular among my group was the "Lego" tree. They all love legos. This was a pretty good tree and it had a LARGE display. They had a train track, a whole shelf with lego stuff... it was impressive. Please note the "star" on the tree.
Here are the kids in front of the "Lego" area. They are posing as lego people. Jakob is going as the "Nanny in a suit".  Kate prefers the "sleeping baby doll" look.  The rest of the group are strange lego people.
Merry Christmas! Im looking forward to this month of December. Its always my favorite time of year.

No comments: