Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Family Home Evening

Family Home Evening... or family fight night report. Last night we went through our 72 hour kits. This particular activity stresses me out. I DO NOT like doing this. Not at all. I was thinking about it last night after everyone went to bed about why I do not like this family activity. I do not like 6 bags being dumped out and 6 people scattering stuff all over the family room. It is just too much chaos for my control freak brain.



The kids have fun. I do not. Another reason I do not like this is, I do not like to think about needing these kits. I do not like to think about what we would be going through or where we will be if we ever need the kits. It scares me. I also do not like this because I want to pack EVERYTHING into my back pack, but I want it to be light and easy to carry. It is hard for me to spend the evening deciding what should go in the bag or not.



We had some MRE's that were about 14 years old. Keith and Jakob decided to crack one open and see if it was any good or not.



The bunner/cooker thing still worked! The food itself... not so much. 14 year old MRE's are not a good thing to hang on to.




Keith was able to get some grapes from his moms house last week. Keith and Corrine made grape juice! They had a lot of fun together and I enjoyed them taking over the canning for a bit.



No comments: