Keith had Friday off of work, so he and Jakob went on a "big boys only" 4-wheeling ride. I think they both had a great time.

A couple of years ago we started the tradition of omelets for breakfast on the Saturday of general conference. Keith directs the making of omelets. The entire family helps make them.... and they are delish!! It is nice that everyone pitches in! It is also nice that we have chickens and we are getting about a dozen eggs a day. We figured over the conference weekend, we used 5 dozen eggs.
Between sessions on Saturday, we went to grandma Schramms house and picked a few apples. The kids loved to be outside climbing trees. Thank you grandma for the apples!!
After the second session, Keith decided to do some yard work. White man style. Or redneck style. Which ever.
Some of us could only just stand in awe.
Another conference tradition is rolled pancakes. When I was much, much, much younger, my dad made rolled pancakes on conference Sunday. We had to continue this tradition! This year, Keith and Hayden helped me make shells.
Eating rolled pancakes and taking notes during conference. THIS is the way to spend a Sunday! (and in pajamas!!)
Sunday evening we played a family game. Lets just say Sariah and I won. We think. We didn't add up the money up, but we will just say Sariah and I won.
Once you have picked apples, you have to smash apples. Really, what else would you do? Monday, we made applesauce!
Our apple masher wasn't working very well, so we switched to the peeler/corer/slicer. This thing is really cool and fun to play with.
Yes, that is Glenn Beck in the back ground on the tv. We watched his first kids show while doing apples. We all LOVED it. Very good show for kids. We will be watching every day!
I wanted to write down a couple of my favorite things from conference. My very favorite talk was President Uchtdorf during the womens conference. He helped me remember to be happy with the stage of life Im in, and I also need to be careful where I spend my time. It was even better than the good, better, best talk.
Another talk I really enjoyed was Neil A Anderson. The best line from that talk was "Motherhood is not a hobby to be done in your spare time, it is what God gave you time for."
No comments:
Post a Comment