We have been planning this trip for months (really, we talked about doing it in 2020) and it finally came to pass. The kids were very excited for the 30 hour drive. Keith and I were less excited.
And again at the back of a Nebraska gas station parking lot. (I think it was Nebraska... all the states start to run together). Also, it was FREEZING cold.
I did like the name of the gas station though. They aren't kidding.... middle of nowhere.
Finally we made it to Michigan and the very next morning we bought new tires so we could continue our trip to Kirtland Ohio.
I loved Kirtland and it was fun to be there with the kids. They had just opened back up to "live" tours. They had been doing virtual ones because of Covid. We were happy to be in Kirtland in person and the missionaries were very happy to have us there. We did have to wear masks inside and that was a bit of a disappointment, but that's kind of how wearing masks is.
Sadly. the Kirtland temple was closed so we could not go inside. It was nice to walk around it though and feel of the spirit of our pioneer ancestors and contemplate their sacrifices.
Several years ago, Corrine did a painting of the Kirtland temple and she used Kate as the little girl model. Here, Kate is recreating that image for Corrines benefit. Look closely, a little Kate is walking along side the temple looking up.
Keith and I don't get many pictures together. I guess I'll have to work on that.
The trip didn't end in Kirtland! See the next installment.....


















No comments:
Post a Comment