Monday, June 8, 2020

Keep on keeping on

Life keeps happening here at a crazy speed considering we are still in a pandemic.  Or, are we?  Keith is still working from home a couple of days a week. Kate has been extra clingy to Keith since Corrine left. She sits through quite a few boring work meetings.
They also enjoy watching some clone wars together. Daddies seem to make everything feel a little bit better. Daddy likes bat girl helping him with work. It makes things easier for him as well.
Im getting a little sick of the face mask, but if it means I can get out I'll play the game. I was able to go to the hospital and get some testing. My kidneys are happy! They were smiling in the x-ray. The urologist said he has never seen anyone turn their #'s around as much as I did without medication.  Yeah for happy kidneys! 
Other signs of normal are slowly coming back. Regular wrestling practice is back!  Im so happy. Teen-age boys need to have a coach work them into the ground.
Regular gymnastics classes are also back!  You are looking at a member of team "Root Beer Float". They have to wear face masks in and out... but again... if thats what it takes we will play the game. If we have to play the game, a Batman mask is a good way to play! Kate also requested to listen to "my jams" on the way. Fine. We are going to gymnastics classes and thats all I care about these days.
Back by popular demand, the gymnastics selfies. It's a thing. This day she was sporting the Harry Potter mask.
Testing a new gymnastics uniform is essential.
Kate wanted a picture of Corrine for her "special shelf."  Have I mentioned this separation has been especially hard for Kate? She is getting better at handling things.
What has happened to our world? The year 2020 keeps giving crazy in a whole new way. I watched last week as SLC was torn apart from rioters. These are certainly strange times we are living in.
 A couple of neighboring towns hosted fireworks shows. So, we decided to take a break from watching insanity on the tv to enjoy a good ole American activity.... blowing things up in a very LEGAL way.  For just a few minutes the kids behaved like kids should on a summer evening. They had only the worries of how fast could they roll down a grassy hill.
Kate is getting too big to ride on the 4-wheeler in front of Keith but we needed a safer way for her to ride behind him. Kate got her royal 4-wheeler throne. The royal 'we' is well pleased.
 Have I mentioned Im sick of masks? I ordered a super old lady knee pillow and this face mask came with it. After all I've seen this week, I should probably spend more time wearing this mask.

As if entertaining ourselves with a mask isn't fun enough, we decided to get really wild and crazy. We decided to replace the two toilets upstairs. They were toilets in the sense that they met the basic requirements but they were super small and wouldn't flush much of anything. Now we have 2 new toilets that put any royal throne (except the 4-wheeler throne) to shame. These suckers are awesome.... if you are into that kind of thing. I know. Im old. This week Im excited over an old lady pillow and toilets. I should get out more.... but then I would have to wear the mask.
Sunday morning Kate shared with me what she had been studying. These are wise words and I sometimes forget them. I needed the reminder. The world is a huge mess and Im only referring to the things going on in my little circle. I think the 7 year old is wise beyond her years.
I honestly don't even wonder what next week holds.  It's just too much to think about, so I won't.

No comments: