The strangeness of a pandemic continues. Real life keeps moving and doesn't seem to care about masks or pandemics, or summer, or the lack of chocolate in the house. I have been busy, but sadly I have to look back at the pictures to even remember what I've been doing! A personal highlight for the last couple of weeks has been reaching one of my many little goals. I made it to 100 days of bright line eating. It seems like so long ago that I made this goal, but I guess it wasn't that long ago. Im now working on another 100 days.
Kate was reorganizing the storage room for me. Im glad she cares, but I haven't really thought much about that room. This can of chicken fell off a shelf and smashed her toes. She strapped it down.... to the floor... so it won't fall again. Time out seems to be a good answer.
While reading scriptures the other day, Kate got very excited! Dad!! This is probably your favorite scripture! The people had weapons!
We all went to the eye doctor. Kate really wanted eye glasses. She is RIGHT on the border of needing some. She does complain when she is doing something on the computer or watching tv. The Doc suggested some blue light blocker glasses for her for $20 from amazon. She now wears them when she does anything with a screen. I think they make her look so much younger!
Sometimes it's strange the things that I get happy about. A new grocery store opened up sort of close to us.... close enough that Im willing to drive there once a week. Im so happy to have a less expensive and cooler option for shopping!
What have I been busy doing? Homeschool moms do homework all summer long. I study a lot over the summer so I can be ready for school. I have devoured these three books and have a lot to ponder and change in my way of thinking. Isn't it nice that we can change and get better?
One thing I read about was what plastics are doing to us.... especially the young men. I don't understand a lot of the chemical reactions, but it was pretty scary. I devoted a week to changing a lot of things to glass. I can't change everything, but I'll change what I can. I guess thats a lesson in life. See something that needs to be made better. Change what you can and try not to loose sleep about the things you cant.
We do try to have some fun and it is summer vacation! Kate begged to get the pool out. I think Im too tired to be a "fun" mom anymore. Thank heavens we have her to keep us fun.
We also took the 4-wheelers out again. This is 4 times or so this summer! What?! It is a good social distancing activity. It is also good for Hayden and Sariah to practice.
CHURCH?! Church in person? Churches closed on March 15th. We had not been to church since my birthday. Our first day back was on Fathers Day. We are able to go every week for 45 minutes with about 25-30 people. It is strange. It feels good to be back, but I do miss home sacrament meeting. There was something special about that as well. Church is masks is strange. Very strange.
Because of Covid, Sariah wasn't able to start drivers ed. Because of covid, we didn't really drive anywhere for a while. We had to extend her learners permit and she is back to practicing. She drove us to grandma Cains. She did better than I thought she would, and Im grateful Keith took the coaches seat on this particular day.
Somewhere in the past couple of weeks we did have Fathers Day. I am so grateful for Keith. He bought himself his gift, so there wasn't a big unwrapping. No pics. Keith is a good dad and is more willing than I am to play with the kids.
I am also grateful for my dad. Corrine was able to call on Fathers Day and it was nice to let grandma and grandpa talk to her for a few minutes. I love this shift the church has made. We are involving extended family more in the missionary experience. It is good for the missionary and good for family.
Covid has really messed with our traditional family plans. There is no traditional Bluffdale town days. We are sad about this. Instead of going to a car show, the cars paraded down the street. It was fun, but not nearly as fun as an actual car show.
Healthy food?! Blech. Keith and Kate decided to try out the zoodler. They had fun and the food wasn't too bad.
The healthy behavior continues. It was FREEZING the other day. So cold I had to wear my thermal underwear walking. I walked. In a rainstorm. That makes me a hero or some thing, right?
I had to walk. I got some blood work done (always fun). Basically my cortisol is DOUBLE what it should be, so no worries. Apparently I have too much stress and anxiety. Great, now Im stressing about stressing. I need to calm down. I need to let go. I need to burn it off in the afternoon. We went for an evening bike ride to burn off cortisol. Kate did a great job on a long bike ride!
Whew. Caught up on this crazy time we are living in. I should really blog more often because so much happens all the time! No stressing though. I need a way to relax. Maybe I need a hobby. If you have a suggestion, let me know!

























No comments:
Post a Comment