Monday, August 19, 2019

Last week of summer vacation

On Wednesday we were able to say good bye to Andrew and see him off to the Provo MTC. I will admit this was a bit traumatic and brought back several feelings of saying good bye to Jakob. There were many tears. Kate LOVES Andrew.
 We are so happy and proud of you Elder Hales! Thank you for letting us be part of your setting apart and sharing this special moment with you. We love you and we are excited to hear from you.
Before Andrew left, Uncle Mike made his famous homemade cinnamon rolls. We LOVE these things! As soon as Kate found out Uncle Mike was coming, she asked if he might make cinnamon rolls. YUMMY.  Thank you Uncle Mike!
Comfort food seems to be the best way to soften the blow of a missionary leaving.  The cinnamon rolls were nice. Right after the MTC we headed to a Mexican food place. Nothing brings me comfort faster than good Mexican food!
Sticking to the comfort food theme, the next afternoon we went to the Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square.
After Trolley Square, we went to the Church History Museum. I really like this place and I think the kids enjoyed themselves as well.
Corrine and Sariah found a quiet corner at the museum that was dedicated to painting. After wandering around the art gallery, they were properly inspired.
Jakob and Kate took a quiet moment to enjoy a summer evening. They spent some time visiting with each other and the cat. Jakob has decided he prefers cats to dogs. Where did I go wrong?!
On Saturday we made a showing at a family reunion. The kids enjoyed the games and prizes.
Corrine skipped the family reunion for a date. She really enjoyed herself at a vintage dancing activity, her friends, and her date.  She also got to hang out with the Fox Family (her preferred family) so it was a good evening for her all the way around.
On Sunday evening we went with some ward members (and great friends) to the canyons for a BBQ. Good friends are such a blessing. These girls are good friends and I love them so much!
These boys are also good friends and they enjoyed the evening as well.  This was the perfect way to spend the last evening of summer vacation.
This afternoon we went to Labyrinth. It was a lot of fun, but rather challenging. I didn't take my cell phone, so sadly, I have no pictures of the event. It's probably better we don't have photographic evidence. While we had a lot of fun, our success rates were rather dismal. I do recommend this activity and I would really like to go back again some day.

No comments: