Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Back to school!

I am in my happy place. We officially started school today and it is GLORIOUS.  I asked each of the kids to pick the book/topic they are most excited to learn about this school year.  Kate is starting 2nd grade. She is very excited to do human anatomy. I'm a little disgusted by the topic, but I agree it needs to be learned.  Kate is also doing piano and gymnastics.
Hayden is starting 7th grade.  He said he is most excited about Pre-Algebra.  He is very good at math but I'm making sure we don't neglect the reading and writing. Hayden will also be doing piano and wrestling.
Sariah is starting the 10th grade. I feel like her growing up has really come out of nowhere. When did she get to 10th grade? Isn't she in 8th?  Yikes. She said she is most excited to learn history. She is doing a very intense year in history.  She will also be doing a deep dive into the 5000 Year Leap. If you haven't read that book, I strongly suggest it. Sariah is also excited to start speech and debate again, continuing with piano, and seminary.
Corrine has started her first year at the U.  The first day was a little rough and not what she expected. After getting over the shock, the 2nd day went a little better. I think after a couple of weeks she will be running the show up there. I have all the confidence in the world in Corrine.  Go UTES!  Go Corrine!
Jakob is starting his junior year at the U. Because he isn't living at home, I didn't get a first day of school picture.  I guess that is one of the many benefits consequences of moving away.  Because Jakob has moved out and Corrine is gone for 10+ hours per day, Im home with 3 kids. Meet my three amigos.
This is the first time in 11 years I have been home with only 3 kids. For a while, we had different foster kids and then we got Hayden making #4. ELEVEN years since I had 3 kids at home. Wow. Don't worry about me, I'll adjust quickly.

No comments: