We survived another crazy week and are in the process of gearing up for an even busier week. Seems to be the new normal around here. I got to witness some excitement at Kate's gymnastics on Thursday. By the time it was all done, 6 different cop cars where there. They were very interested in a particular class and parent. Corrine thought maybe one of the Barbie moms was workin' a drug deal. I wonder if there was a custody issue. Which ever, 6 cops seemed a little over kill but maybe it was a slow night in Draper. I wanted to take more pictures, but I figured I should probably keep a lower profile. It was exciting though.
We are up to our eyeballs in robot season. We are going to AZ in a few days to compete. Keith has been watching a few other competitions online. Here he is training Sariah on being a "scout" for our team. Scouts watch other teams and record what a certain robot can do, or not do. Kate is a very good scouter and she wants to be a scout for PrototypeX when she grows up. She is very serious about this job.
Saturday Hayden had a surprise basketball game for church ball. I'm not a huge fan of church ball and I'm not a huge fan of surprise activities. Hayden's basketball skills are rather lacking and I realize this. But, really? He played for one minute and 30 seconds. I'm so glad I totally rearranged our entire crazy morning schedule for that. So you don't think I'm a horrible mother, you need to know I am seriously looking into an activity (wrestling) for Hayden to do. Preferably with a set schedule.
Yes, I took pictures in church. I want you to see my cousins!! We had a great lesson about the Family Search App and did find relatives around me. It was so fun to see how many ward members I'm related to. I have some pretty awesome cousins!
We have long afternoons on Sunday and I love it. We played a few games. For the record, I don't play Risk. Its just way too risky.
Sariah and Corrine have been spending HOURS and HOURS and even more HOURS working on a video for a competition for robots. I think their idea is genius and it will be an awesome video. When I can get a finished copy of it, I'll share it with you. Sariah is working on some stop motion parts of the video. They are highlighting team members that are away on their missions now. It is pretty cute and very creative. I also like she is putting her stop motion skills to use. She has a talent for this!
I have been scrambling this morning to arrange travel and dealing with changed plans for the week. Getting school work for the kids had been a little down on my list of things to do today. Corrine is writing a paper for a major presentation to several judges. She is also working on marketing skills and designing a portfolio and posters. Sounds like education to me. Sariah is doing stop motion. I think that counts as school. Hayden and Kate have been playing Monopoly all morning. Math? check. Reading? Check. Using English in negotiation skills? Check. We are just dripping with education around here.
Speaking of education, Jakob is on spring break. No break for him though. He is going to pull this rather large trailer up to Keith's work. I'm really stressed out about it. Understanding weight, size, physics, and staying calm under pressure? Look at all of the educational opportunities I have given my kids today. If he makes it downtown with no accidents, I'll call his adulting education a success for today.
*UPDATED: Jakob made it to his destination without any accident that he is willing to admit to. He assures me no one died. If there is something on the news about an accident, we know nothing about it.
It's finally nice weather. I went an entire blog post without complaining about snow. We still had snow this week, but I didn't complain (on the blog). Today we have such nice weather! The kids are finally playing outside in the fresh air. Is this a typical Utah spring where it is nice for 2 entire days in a row? We are supposed to get a huge winter storm on Wednesday. Today we have spring. I'll take it.
Well, on with another crazy week! All things robots next time!













No comments:
Post a Comment