Sunday, March 17, 2019

Travel Reviews

Lets talk travel. Honestly, I don't travel that much. I don't care for it as much as I think I do. I am a homebody. I enjoy my routine. I like my space. I REALLY like my own bed and bathroom. With that said, I'll share a little about our trip to AZ before I go all robots all week. We had to make the drive to Flagstaff AZ.  I had never been there and was looking forward to leaving the snow of UT for the sun in AZ.  They have beautiful sun rays on their flag, so it has to be good, right? We drove as far as Hurricane the first day. The hotel review is: It was kind of sketchy. I've been in one hotel that was worse. (You will have to see my blog about the hotel in CO a couple of years ago) Anyway, this was kind of scary. Kate had to sleep on the "chair" bed because there wasn't enough room (Not the hotels fault, Im just cheap).
She did ok. I woke up several times a night. At one point I woke up after having dreamed I was getting back surgery. My back hurt so bad for a day and a half afterward. Good times. The drive down was to AZ was BEAUTIFUL! I was in such awe the entire way. Heavenly Father is so creative and loving to give us such an amazing place to live.

We were pulling the team trailer and I was really worried about the weather. I think God really does care about the little things in our lives. As we were driving, we could see the storm being parted for us as we went down the road. It was nothing but a miracle. Im sure of it. It was also so pretty to witness.
Arizona is beautiful and I love Flagstaff nestled in the mountains. Remember the sun rays on the AZ flag? FALSE ADVERTISING.  I was disappointed to see so much snow and it was SO COLD while we were there.  It would have been really pretty if it was December. Mid March?  No, we are sick of snow in mid March.

Our hotel in Flagstaff was ok. Not the best, not the worst. I didn't mind it. I really liked the "eating" area. On Thursday morning we had some time to kill, so the kids and I sat out there while the maid cleaned. The kids worked on some math games and I read my book. It was very peaceful.
While in AZ, we had lunches with the team. We might as well keep the team drinks cold. The snow was dirty, but the drinks were cold!
We realized we needed to get back to UT earlier than we thought so we decided to get a hotel in Kanab for Saturday night. I called 4 different hotels and finally called someone to help me book a room. There was only one place that we were willing to spend money on. The reviews were not great. Several of them said there was no hot water. Oh well!  We got to the hotel at 11pm and were honestly afraid to even open the door. 
It helps to have expectations really low. It wasn't bad. We all went in and went right to bed.... no jammies.  We just crashed in our team clothes and called it good enough. We got up early this morning and got back in the car. No showers. No change of clothes. We have no idea if the hotel really had hot water. Who cares. We wanted to get home.   We were so blessed with this travel. Heavenly Father really protected us and helped us with the trailer. Travel went very well. We are all happy for showers and our own beds tonight.

No comments: