Saturday, November 3, 2018

The day the pumpkins died

We have a tradition of shooting the Halloween pumpkins the Saturday after Halloween (assuming the weather cooperates). We were in luck this year! The weather was so very nice! I do not like to carve pumpkins. They are so messy!  Once in a while, the kiddos will take a sharpie marker to their pumpkins. That is as exciting as I get. I know. Control freak needs to back off. Kate didn't color her pumpkin until the morning of the actual shoot.
 This year, Kate learned how to load the 22 all by herself!
Hayden loves his left handed 22. He is getting pretty good with it and his pumpkin took most of the shots.
Sariah also loves her 22. She is so happy to get out and practice when ever she can. 
Shooting pumpkins is messier than carving them, I agree. But, it is so much more fun and its done outside.
She is very good at killing the ole pumpkins.
 She is counting down the days until her 18th birthday so she can get her concealed carry permit. How are we only a couple of months away from that?!
Jakobs pumpkin took the brunt of his practice "shooting from concealed."  Jakob won.
Keith is a great teacher.
In our house, there are few things cooler than a pink 22. A Batman mask might be the only thing that is cooler.
TRADITION!  I love traditions!

No comments: